Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, November 18, 2007

What it means, my good friend, is that we are not alone!

Back in April, I posted about the Scott Baio dreams I've had. Yes, you read that right. I just wrote that I have had dreams (plural!) about Scott Baio. Give yourself a moment to take that in. I'll wait.

So, tonight I got this email from my very good friend Em:
---
I just ran across my journals from 1989/90, the year I was in Norway. I had to email you when I read my own words from August 9, 1989:

"Very relaxing day today. Got up around 10:30. I was dreaming about Scott Baio, for some reason..."

Weird, huh? I tried to find the post you had written about your Scott Baio dreams, thinking how FREAKY it would have been had we been visited by him on the same night in August. But I couldn't find it.

Jules, what does it all mean????

---


It means that we can't possibly be the only ones, Em! There's no way these Scott Baio dreams are isolated incidences, and I encourage those of you who have also spent some of your sleeping hours with him-- as Chachi, Charles in Charge, or himself-- to open up here in the comments. We can form some kind of wacky dream support group, you know, do precisely the kind of thing that Al Gore envisioned when he invented the internet.


I can only hope that tonight I'll be sucking face with The Fonz, after which he will surely say, "Ayyyyyyy!".


As a show of solidarity, here is a hotlink to the original post of my Scott Baio dreams: click here. May it inspire you to leave a comment with details from your own Scott Baio dream!



Charles in Charge of my days and my nights... and probably yours too.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. My name is Stacey and I have dreamed about Scott Baio. Granted it was almost 20 years ago, but it still technically counts for the support group right? We need some catchy name, like D.O.C. (Dreaming Of Chachi/Charles) - GET IT? Doc! I kill me.

Anonymous said...

P.S. would like to point out that the song I was listening to as I was posting - Jessie's Girl. That's right. I'm not afraid to admit it.

House of Jules said...

Stace: Why am I not surprised by this information? I did notice that you were very vague on the details. Spill it, you need to get this kind of thing out in the open.

The song I'm listening to as I reply to your comment? Automatic, by the Pointer Sisters. "No way to control it, it's totally automatic whenever you're around..."

Clearly, between this admission AND the current post, I have no shame. So, let's hear more about your Scott Baio dreams, readers! Don't be shy!

kat said...

I have no clue who this Scott Baio Dude is but I am telling Jules if I happen to have a dream in which this guy is haunting me I know who to blame *lol*

House of Jules said...

Kat, my fabulous Irish-born, German-resident blogger friend, you have been walking around with a Baio-sized hole in your life for far too long! This news of you not knowing who he is blows my mind. I can only assume that it's because the show Happy Days was not big in Europe; ditto for Joanie Loves Chachi and Charles in Charge (all starring the 70's-80's hearthrob, Scott Baio.

Please read the original post about my dreams that I linked to, and also go here
for the official Scott Baio website (which I swear I only found today after reading your comment...!).

Ok, now I can sleep tonight, just knowing that I have helped you. Apologies in advance for your first Baio dream. It's gonna happen. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, but did you watch his horrible-yet-unable-to-turn-away reality show on VH1?

House of Jules said...

Kristabella: OF COURSE I DID! I couldn't look away, either. In fact, here's the post I wrote when I found about the (at the time) still-in-development show.

I swear, VH1 tapped right into my horrible-reality-tv-loving-mind for that show, and I'm still waiting for my royalty check.

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Ok, don't hate me but I have to confess that I despised Scott Baio at the time. Of course now I am grown up to enough to admit I was simply insanely jealous.

I watched some of the VH1 show. He seems like an all right guy now. I mean he is no Ralph Macchio but he'll do, he'll do. ;)

Hey, from the male perspective we had Laverne and Shirley. Between the two of them there was something for every male to enjoy.

Sauntering Soul said...

I also am a member of your newly formed club for I have dreamed of Scott Baio. I took it one step further though....when I was in middle school he came to the Six Flags here in Atlanta and I stood in line for HOURS to meet him and shake his hand. I have no shame apparently. He was very cute though.

But I have another confession while I'm feeling all confession-y. I have dreamed about Justin Bateman quite a bit as well.

Liz said...

Hi, When I was 15 and he was 17 I actually MET Scott Baio. It was a dream come true and yes I do mean a dream. I love your blog, it's so clever. :)

House of Jules said...

@Rob: It takes a man to admit when he's insanely jealous of Scott Baio... and you know there is only ONE Ralph Macchio, because they can't duplicate perfection.

@Sauntering: There is no shame in standing in line to shake Scott Baio's hand, and there is no shame in Justin Bateman (hot!). May I compliment you on your taste?

@Liz: You met Baio, too? Apparently he's only meant to be in my dreams. That's ok though, I'm holding out for Javier Bardem, who unfortunately hasn't shown up in my dreams yet. Thanks for the compliment, too! Hope you become a regular here at HOJ!

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

>>I have dreamed about Justin Bateman <<

@Sauntering - For a second there I thought we had the same taste in women! Oh! No E at the end! OK, got it. I mean I watched Family Ties way longer than it deserved on it merits because I had such a crush on Justine Bateman.

House of Jules said...

Rob: Satisfaction, starring Justine Bateman: one of the most under-rated 80's movies ever (co-starring Liam Neeson!). Also my favorite Julia Roberts movie of all time because she spends 95% of the movie getting busy with her boyfriend in a van, which means she's hardly in any scenes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096037/