Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, May 4, 2007

Someone is a purdy purdy flower; someone else is purdy purdy drunk

The memo Walt Disney never received:

See the 1947 fire prevention poster before I got my hands on it here.
POST DISCLAIMER: Though "Drunk" saw the discussed movie recently with spouse and todder (all of whom were sober at the time!), I haven't seen it in ages. I do have a long-reaching memory, though. Don't ask how we got on this topic.

Here is a highlight from a recent conversation I had very late in the evening with a friend who happened to be drunk. I was sober, which explains how I was so easily drawn into this kind of thing.

Drunk: "The best part in that movie Bambi was when his mom got shot. At least that was some drama! Everything else was boring. I mean, I sat through a 20-minute scene featuring crappy music and a forest fire. Nothing else happening, just 20 minutes of flames and some old, tinny-sounding tune! "

Me: "That movie was made when they hand drew every single frame. They had to have some simple filler scenes of hokey woodland animation and awful music. I can't believe you think the best part was when his mom got shot. That is so wrong! What about Thumper and Flower?"

Drunk: "TOTALLY CHEESEBALL! I should have just put a block of cheddar on top of my DVD player to remind me what kind of movie we were watching.

Me: "You didn't think that scene when Bambi called the skunk "Flower" was adorable? I mean, the skunk actually said, "He can call me Flower if he wants to, I don't mind" and batted those skunky little eyelashes, to which Bambi charmingly replied, "PURDY...! PURDY FLOWER"! That, my friend, is cinematic gold."

Drunk: "Don't EVEN get me started on Flower...and Thumper, NO THANK YOU! That Thumper was a real son of a bitch."



This vid proves you really can find everything on YouTube, even if it has been uploaded by someone with a video camera pointed at their TV screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to watch it again......still cheeseball!!