Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, November 11, 2007

You are Not Forgotten

Today I wanted to post a huge thank you to all Veterans; with much love and respect to each of you; but especially:

Dad
Willy Springer
Mike Pinksaw
Jim Leigh
Jim Carolyn
Dave Minto
Ron Clough
...and all the other top notch men of the 60th LCC Jungle Eaters; US Army.

Michael Kopaczewski, 1st Cavalry; US Army

James Wells, USS Theodore Roosevelt; US Navy

****I'm grateful for your sacrifices, and it is in your honor that I continue to adopt soldiers who are forging ahead in your tradition of excellence and bravery. You're all my heroes.****


If anyone is interested in adopting a soldier, you can find a number of websites through a simple internet search. The below hotlink is the one I have used to adopt no less than 30 soldiers over the past 4 years, and the one I still use today. The process is extremely straight-forward. The soldiers really just ask for basic things that we take for granted every day; like socks, soap, razors, deodorant, sunscreen...and pretty much anything at all you'd like to send them. It's a great thing for school teachers or scout leaders to involve kids in, as well.

I've found that what the soldiers crave and appreciate the most is a reminder that they haven't been forgotten; and the kindness of a stranger like you will work wonders for every one of them. What will end up surprising you the most is how much it does for YOU...

Click here: Operation AC: Adopt-A-Soldier



Thanks Dad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie..not only because you're my daughter, but because you're you, thank you and others like you who never forget and probably never will, what the cost of Freedom is.

I always rememember the days when I was away, both in Europe and Vietnam, and I was proud to be serving our country no matter what I did or where I was.

I'm afraid that many Americans either don't know, or care what our great country is all about, yet every Veteran, no matter if he or she saw combat or not, knows what the true price of Freedom is. To me, it makes no difference whether one is a Republican, Democrat, Independent, Jew, Christian, Muslum, Buhdist, White, Black, Red, or Yellow skinned, ALL of us here should always feel a debt to America by remembering the men and women who ensure that all of us are able to have dialogue and disagreements about how our country is being run.

To me, my fellow Veterans always seem to 'know' what the real thing is.

As a Veteran, I am humbled by the way our great country manages to always be better than other countries of the world. Our American ideals, while questioned at times, and rightly so, are still the best the world over and because of that, people like you, who truly care for what we Veterans did and continue to do, make all of our efforts worth while and greatly appreciated!

I love you for being my daughter I love and respect you for who and what you have become! I'm proud of you for remembering veterans on this, 'our' holiday!

God Bless You and every Veteran who ever served and who will ever serve! Last, but certainly not least, GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Dad

Melisa Wells said...

Great post! Lots of people can express appreciation with words, but a minority express it further, with action (like you!).

NerdyRedneck Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Yeah, I would agree that just not feeling forgotten was the best part. It was amazing how 5 dollars worth of everyday stuff in a "care package" could make you feel great for a week!

Homemade goodies were the best though! Cookies, brownies, stuff like that! Ohhhh yeah!

House of Jules said...

I didn't know you were in the service, Rob! I would have included you in the post...