Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Jones Soda: Spreading holiday cheer through religious beverage equality

A couple of years ago, I read about the Jones Soda Company's special Thanksgiving 5-pack, consisting of turkey & gravy soda, cranberry soda, green bean casserole soda, mashed potato & butter soda, and fruitcake soda when they were selling for big money on E-bay. Yes, you read those flavors correctly.

This year they've topped themselves with 2 new holiday packs: Christmas & Hanukkah.


This Season Celebrate Christmukkah with Jones Soda!
The Holiday Season is once again upon us and this year the folks here at Jones Soda have decided to celebrate a little differently. Instead of our traditional Turkey and Gravy, we have created two packs for your holiday enjoyment. Introducing, the 2007 Christmas Pack and Chanukah Pack. This season, whether you are decking the halls, lighting the menorah or celebrating Chrismakkuh by spinning the dreidel under the Christmas tree, there is a Jones Soda flavor for you!


Christmas pack flavors: Christmas Ham Soda, Christmas Tree Soda, Egg Nog Soda and Sugar Plum Soda


Hanukkah pack flavors: Latke Soda, Apple Sauce Soda, Chocolate Coins Soda and Jelly Doughnut Soda




It seems the only holiday flavor pairing they left out is a non-denominational one:

Get yourself a 4-pack of Jack & Coke, and you can enjoy the original holiday fun-pack!


Source

12 comments:

kat said...

Oh I love Jones' soda but that's just plain gross. I wonder has anyone you know actually sampled them? I think my skin just crawled off...

House of Jules said...

Hi Kat! Nobody I know has tried the Jones holiday soda yet... I think they're all sticking to the Jack & coke!

Candy said...

And I laugh at my daughter when she orders the FuFu Berry flavor. I think I was getting off easy.

House of Jules said...

Candy: You're so right! Make sure your daughter doesn't find out about the new holiday flavors or you may just find yourself wishing for the days of the FuFu!

Anonymous said...

Is that for reals? They make Jack & Coke in a can?

Where have I been????

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

I wonder if they actually sell any of? I can see this where this could be a bet, "Hey, lets just stick this in the catalog and I'll betcha $100 that some weirdo will order it!"
"No way dude, no one is that crazy! You're on!"

Sauntering Soul said...

Yuck. Just yuck.

AutoSysGene said...

You can stop looking for people that actually have tried this stuff. My inlaws buy this stuff every year and actually drink it.

That's part of their Christmas dinner...I know how wrong is that? Yup, we're a bunch of hillbillies...

And you can buy this stuff in your local Walmart or Target.

House of Jules said...

@Kristabella: I am pretty sure the canned version is only available in Europe, however Jack Daniels 'country cocktails'--in bottles-- is available at your friendly neighborhood Dominick's!

@Rob: They definitely sell the stuff-- every year they end up on Ebay with unreasonable bid amounts!

@Melissa: Do you ever try it? I have to admit that I am curious about the jelly doughnut soda. It's just so absurd!

House of Jules said...

Sauntering: Gross, but kind of interesting, no?

kat said...

Totally gross yes but also interesting. In Germany beer mixed with cola has been a favorite thirst quencher in beergardens in summer and just like Jack Daniels & Cola they went to sell a beer & cola mix here as well. As if I couldn't mix it myself and cheaper at that. They also sell weird stuff like beer with cranberry juice or beer with lemon flavor...it is disturbing

House of Jules said...

Beer & COLA? That does not sound very good at all. Have you tried that?

The beer/lemon mix doesn't sound too far from drinking a Blue Moon w/ orange slices (YUM).