Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, November 2, 2007

Day Man, fighter of the Night Man, Champion of the sun! You're a master of karate and friendship for everyone!

Sometime in 2005, my good friends Sue ("Scooter" to me!) & Todd insisted I watch FX's Thursday night show, 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia'. They've never steered me wrong, so I made sure to catch the very next episode. By that time I was only able to see a few from the first season but it was so absurdly funny that I'm anxiously awaiting seasons 1 & 2 from Netflix so I can officially catch up.

FX is currently airing season 3, and I really wish I had been religious about watching it from the beginning because it has to be the funniest show on TV right now. The writing will offend everyone, and in my mind that is a good thing. Anything that can make you think and make you laugh at the same time usually creates a dialogue, and what's better than a good conversation... besides this show?!

If you're still skeptical, watch this unbelievable clip--possibly the funniest 2 minutes on TV this season--which had me in tears (the good kind):


"Day Man, uh-ah-ahh! Fighter of the Night Man, uh-ah-ahh! Champion of the sun! You're a master of karate and friendship for everyone!"


I suspect their song delivery might have been inspired by (and rightly so) this classic Queen performance:


Freddy Mercury's version of this particular song paved the way for massively epic hits like "Day Man". What a legacy.


If all of that STILL hasn't piqued your interest (what's it gonna take?), it should be noted that Danny DeVito stars in the show, and that adorable little limoncello-loving bundle of fun should be reason enough for you to tune in:


In a move of marketing genius, he later capitalized on this drunken appearance and created his own limoncello.


'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' airs Thursday nights at 10 (Eastern) on FX.

No comments: