Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Pumpkin 3.14159265358979323846...

I was never very good at math until 10th grade, when I started getting A's. It was quite a turnaround from the previous year, one that would forever be remembered smartly as 'The year I got an F in math class'. When my math scores bounced from an F to straight A's, my parents attributed my 180-degree improvement to my newfound dedication to studying, homework, preparation. All of which I did with a smile.

The real motivation behind my top scores? I had a big crush on someone in that class. We had assigned seats and I was the one whose desk was squarely in front of his, and knowing that we'd be face-to-face every single day meant that I put as much work into my math drills as I did my crimped hair. A LOT. Certainly I earned each good mark with the studying, homework and preparation that my parents credited, but the impetus behind all of that work was the biggest cliché ever:

I was a hot for teacher (along with every other girl who took his class).

In honor of Thanksgiving, this glorious Pumpkin "Pi" goes out to him, my 10th grade math teacher; Mr. Hottyman (not his real name, but close enough):


That mathematical constant looks delicious!

Instructions to make your own "Pi" HERE.

6 comments:

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Oh so punny and simultaneously so nerdy! I am so proud! {sniff}

Oh, Van Halen rules but you already knew that. :)

House of Jules said...

Rob: I KNEW you'd appreciate this post!

Taj said...

I so want to make that just to see everyone look at me like I have finally lost that last marble. And then I'll kiss my husband because he'll be the only one that appreciates.

We're such dorks.

I had a Mr. Hottyman too! A few years after high school, I learned his real name was Mr. Twominuteman.

I've shared too much.

House of Jules said...

Taj: You know if you make this, your husband will expect you to eat some, and then you'll end up saying, "Gobble Gobble THIS, mofo" like you are known to.

More info on Mr. Twominuteman, please. Is it possible we went to the same high school? JUST KIDDING. My "Hottyman" actually got a student pregnant. Sure, she had already graduated a couple years before that, but still, she had been his student at one time. SCANDAL!

For whatever it was worth, though, it was totally his hotness that motivated me to ace that class.

Anonymous said...

this so looks like the milking component of a cow and also 3.14

thanks for the giggle!

did you eat this?

Sauntering Soul said...

I love this pumpkin "pi"! I might have to make this for Christmas.

I had a crush on a teacher once but it was in college rather than in high school. I went out with him for a while the semester after I had his class. Let's say some fantasies should just remain fantasies because it is so much better than reality.