Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Because you'll never get what you don't ask for

I learned at a very young age that you'll never get what you don't ask for. That doesn't imply that you always get everything, but you have a far greater chance at getting something by speaking up than by silently wishing for it. Take that knowledge along with a sense of humor, and you have the tools you need to live a good life, trust me.

Case in point: there is a certain someone who is in New York City right now, today, going out of his way to do something very special for me before he jets back home to Paris. He is a VIP and easily has many more important things he could be doing with his time, things that make him money and bring him more fame; but he's a genuinely good person with a sense of humor; who has been in cahoots with me from the moment I hatched another one of my crazy plans.

You know my crazy plans, don't you? The ones in which I attempt to bend space and time and break every rule of gravity and all human expectation to get something somewhere on the tightest of deadlines; and they never, ever go smoothly, but they almost always have a positive end result? Yes, those are the plans of which I speak.

Because of Mr. X's willingness to go above and beyond, it might actually work out today. That is, if the United States Post Office can play nice. Fingers crossed. If all goes well, I'll have the full details early next week, and it's easily one of my favorite life experiences to date.


Thanks again to Mr. X, who made me spill orange juice all over myself this morning because of his hilarious email.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm intrigued. If not confused.

Anonymous said...

Yes...who is this Mr. X you speak of so fondly?

House of Jules said...

I can’t reveal his identity just yet...but as soon as I can, it’ll be up here for your reading pleasure! In the meantime, come back tomorrow fro more entertainment. Or something.

House of Jules said...

I meant FOR more entertainment, not FRO more entertainment.

Although "fros" are always entertaining.

Anonymous said...

hoping this goes well, whatever it is... if one believes...dreams do come true... plus... the holiday rush won't happen for another week at the post office...