Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My conversation with Madonna

In 4 easy steps:

1) I read just enough media coverage of her marriage contract and subsequent divorce/visitation rules that were allegedly put in place to keep her world from spinning 'round the wrong way.

Doing so has seemingly shrunken my capacity for catering to bullsh*t (which as you probably guessed isn't sizable to begin with) down to the size of a peanut. Coincidentally, she prefers her men's juevos to be peanut-sized as well.

2) I watched the following video of Madonna on stage performing Human Nature, which consists mostly of her singing, "...and I'm not sorry, it's human nature. I'm not your b*tch, don't hang your sh*t on me", until Britney Spears joins her on stage and Madonna adds, "I'M NOT YOUR B*TCH... SHE'S NOT YOUR B*TCH!".

I was hoping Madonna would then point at Britney and say, "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!", but it was not to be.


I really have always liked this song, though.

3) Human Nature played on an endless loop in my head for about 16 hours yesterday. I was working hard on a photo shoot, so it was awkward when I'd sing just loud enough for my clients to hear me say something about not being their b*tch.

4) After all of the above, last night Madonna & I met for drinks (in a dream), where I sat her down to say this in an extremely firm tone:


"We can agree on this: You're not MY b*tch, but you ARE a b*tch."


Then, I left her there, alone at the bar. She was no doubt berating herself for failing to have had me sign a friendship contract.

5 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

This isn't a song I'm familiar with...looks like I'm going to have to start singing this one soon.

Can you imagine singing "I'm not your bitch" as the doctors office?

Troop 542 said...

I think I'm going to copy Madonna's "rules for visitation" and send them to Eric. He should be OK with that, right?!? ;)

House of Jules said...

@Melissa: You might know it, it's from her 1994 Bedtime Stories album. The original video is HERE. I really do like that song... and yes, I can imagine singing that at the doctor's office. DO IT! But, maybe after treatment?!? haha. Like she says in the song, express yourself, don't repress yourself.

@Troop Jen: Oh yeah, I'm sure E wouldn't have ANY problem with that at all, because he's been so compliant about everything else over the past 11 years. Heh.

Spammon said...

I was never a big Madonna fan. Once a star decides they can go by a single word or name, I ignore them and usually hate them. Case in point: I know this will shake the foundations of the world... Oprah. She makes me want to vomit.

Except The Artist Formerly Known as Prince. He writes some good shiz.

House of Jules said...

@Spammon: Maybe I'll tell Oprah she's a b*tch in my next dream, you never know. Still, I'd like tickets to her "Favorite Things" show. I couldn't agree more on Prince, I'm a huge fan. See my I could drink a case of you link in the "HOJ's Greatest Hits!" sidebar.