Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, November 2, 2008

It would've been the best 20 minutes of his life (and by "his life", I mean mine).

You already know how deep my love is for Javier Bardem, so I was bummed that I missed seeing Vicky Cristina Barcelona before it left the theaters. Even though it also starred my nemesis Fishface, any opportunity to see Javier on the big screen is an opportunity I try to take advantage of.

A friend of mine works in PR, handling publicity and promotions for big-time events that deal with music and movie glitterati: Film festivals, movie openings, interviews... that kind of thing. She sent me this email at the end of July, just before VCB was released:


Just had to share this e-mail with you Jules, as a fellow Javier worshipper:


Let your imagination run wild regarding what you might do in 20 minutes with Javier Bardem. Remember that game we used to play in the basement called “7 minutes in heaven”?


My response:



Her reply:




I wasn't the only one upset that Javi & I weren't able to spend 20 minutes together. His reaction says it all for both of us:



The anguish! The tears! That hair! Those eyes! Those lips! His ENTIRE mouth! The beard burn I'd happily endure.... wait a second, I've gotten away from our mutual sadness and gone right back to letting my imagination run wild. I need a moment, or maybe 20.


Photo source

7 comments:

Jen said...

Can't. Breathe. Laughing. Too. Hard. God, I'd endure that beard burn, too! Bzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Kirsten said...

Sorry you missed him! I feel your pain! :)

lindsey said...

Hahahaha. 20 minutes would even allow for cuddling.

AutoSysGene said...

Oh, I'm loving NaBloPoMo...or whatever the frig it's called. More Jules makes me happy!

Not that more Javi hurts either....

House of Jules said...

@Jen: The burn! It hurts SO good. As your 10-yr old daughter would say, "ALL MEN!" Gottagogottagogottago... heh.

@Kirsten: I am sorry, too. Thanks for feelin' my pain!

@Linds: Hee hee.... that's a good point! I can hardly breathe just thinking about it.

@Melissa: Hurray! Thanks sista!

Spammon said...

Due to the fact that he is a man, 20 seconds should be more than enough time...

House of Jules said...

@Spammon: Javier told me to tell you that it'll be a sad day for everyone when he can only last for 20 seconds.