Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy birthday, Chipperface!


Today for you, tomorrow for me! Well, not really that last part. But definitely, TODAY FOR YOU!

Happy Birthday to my sista, Missy! Even though you're a total morning person (hence the nickname Chipperface) and I'm totally NOT a morning person, we have come to an understanding. When it comes to mornings, our time is best spent in separate rooms. Besides that, though, we're a kick-ass team of powerhouse sisters who will not back down when faced with challenges from anything including the book publishing industry OR trying to figure out a fun dinner theme to impress mostly ourselves with.

Here's a little photo post for you...



1) Feelin' the need, the need for speed.
2) You, me & Mom with Xavier Roberts, creator of the original Cabbage Patch Kids.... and that creepy bread mom made to look like the face of a Cabbage Patch doll with raisins for eyes. RAISINS! FOR! EYES!
3) On our most-fun night in NYC. Well, that's not fair. They're all our most fun nights in NYC.
4) You're such a good sport! Remember that time we were all on vacation and I volunteered you & Jim for that oceanic stage show-thing... and you had to put on stinky rubber outfits that a million people before you had already worn? I didn't know what I was getting you guys into, but I was just glad that it wasn't me.
5) Then you guys got drenched in water that could have been carrying malaria or some other terrible illness? Wasn't that great? Thanks for not killing me after this. The boys thought for sure I was Done. Over. Gone.
6) This is not so much our home away from home, it's our actual home. Ok, it's not, but why don't you make that your birthday wish, ok? I'd move back to NYC in a heartbeat...
7) Ahhh, Gray's Papaya. Or was it Papaya King? Hardly matters. Either way, it's our favorite NYC early morning dinner. Let's not call it breakfast.
8) Frozen Hot Chocolate for lunch at Serendipity 3! I wish we were sitting at this table right now.
9) Proof of that night we sat in traffic for 3 hours to then wait in line for an hour to nearly not be let into the book store that was hosting David Sedaris and then to have to sit in another room from where he did the book reading, only listening to his voice over the P.A. system, while sitting on the floor in strangers laps (practically!) and then afterwards standing in line for no less than 4 hours to get our books signed? And when we finally got up to him, how he was out of the aspirin tablets he was offering people but we loved him just the same? And how you had by that time felt too exhausted to be starstruck, which was great because you didn't say 'I don't like cats' to him like you did the first time we met him? I wouldn't have done that with anyone but you.
10) The cover of your first book! You're a published author, like you always dreamed you'd be. You're out there, defying gravity (this is not to imply that you get around by broom)... and we're all so proud of you!
11) A bonus shot I couldn't resist. You with the spawn of satan, Roxanne Roxannadana.


You're the best sister ever, and we all love you! You've raised two incredible boys who I love more than life, you married a great guy I'm proud to call My Bro Mo, and you've made yourself a wonderful life. You're also sellin' your age! Well, you're not SELLING IT, but you know what I'm saying. You're showing Sally Albright how it's done. Happy, happy birthday! You really are One. Singular. Sensation!

5 comments:

kat said...

Happy Birthday Melisa!

Jules, you really do the most wonderful birthday posts - ever! That photo post is just beautiful.

One question tho what is a BroMo? I mean I suppose the Bro stands for brother...you gotta help me out here :)

House of Jules said...

@Kat: Thanks! You were on the right track with "Bro Mo". Bro=brother and Mo=short for "Moey", one of our nicknames for Missy's husband.

Melisa Wells said...

Thanks!!
I will NEVER tire of watching that "Rent" clip, or looking at those photos...except for that one of me in front of Chorus Line. Unflattering. hee hee
But that was such a fun night, posing with Martin Short and all!

Thank you for the great post! Love you too!

AutoSysGene said...

Love these posts. It's like taking a walk down memory lane....even though I wasn't there the first time.

Happy Birthday, Melisa

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Missy! xoxoxo