Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

I have to fill you in on Friday night after I get back from my trip, so I'm moving on.... for now.

I love getting to spend time with many of my favorite people in one room! I'm excited to do more of that in a couple of hours, while also seeing this:


Yes, I will be just like the fools in this video who still know all the songs by heart and unabashedly feel every beat of the drum as if it's my own heartbeat just like I have since I was a moody teenager... and I can't wait.

The creators have taken nearly every classic song from the soundtrack of my life and worked them into a story line. Brilliant! I don't really have an opinion either way about the lead guy in the show (he was on American Idol), but I do care about singing all of our favorite 80's songs together in a theater full of other stoked people doing the same thing. There will definitely be cocktails before and after, because if I relive (even in my mind, even through song) the boy drama from when I was a teenager, I'm going to need a few. We're ALL going to need a few.

Click HERE for the list of songs featured in Rock of Ages, and guess which one was my high school Homecoming dance song. While you're at it, tell me what YOUR high school Homecoming dance song was.

9 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, I never knew that was how you spelled that line from the Def Leppard song.

I'm going to have to see Rock of Ages...do you suppose it will be alright to sing along...or do they frown on that at muscials?

I hope your having a great time...especially since you missed Chicago Blogapalooza! :)

Troop 542 said...

I'm seriously sitting here with a lump in my throat because I'm so freaking jealous you're seeing this show. I could cry I want to see it so badly! OMG!

Troop 542 said...

BTW... that's Constantine from AI in the show.

Stacey said...

Aaaah Constantine and his ever present pout. He's so unbelievably perfect for this show. Loooooove the song list. My guess is More Than Words was your Homecoming song. Did I get it???? What do I win?

AutoSysGene said...

Stacey, my all time favorite song. In fact, when we were in Cancun they had it on the iPod in the room...my poor husband had to listen to that song about a million times!

Jules, I hope you're having a blast!

House of Jules said...

@melissa: Yes OF COURSE it's alright to sing along at Rock of Ages, it's totally encouraged. I can't say that for all musicals because I wouldn't want to be next to someone singing unless I was at Rock of Ages (or Rocky Horror Picture show... it's that kind of fun). I hope it goes on tour and comes to Chicago! Yeah, I totally missed out on the Blogapalooza, but I'm okay with that b/c I was otherwise occupied (thanks for the well-wishes)! Next time, though!

@Troop Jen: Yup, I knew it was Constantine, I just didn't have a real opinion about him before seeing him in Rock of Ages... AND OMG YOU WOULD HAVE LOVED IT.

@Stace: Yeah, see, that's what bothered me about him in the little clips I saw of him during his stint on AI. I wasn't stoked on him, but actually, he was great in the show. Yeah Constantine!

Applause to Stacey for being the only one to guess my homecoming song... the correct answer to be revealed in an upcoming post!

Spammon said...

Damnit. I was going to guess More Than Words or We Built This City. It also crossed my mind that it could hav ebeen Cum On Feel The Noize...but that would have been of the after party I guess.

lindsey said...

I think your song was Don't Stop Believing by Journey and I can just picture you getting freaky like the girl in the video, she's working it out!

House of Jules said...

@Spammon: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG, WHEN WILL I LEARN NOT TO READ THE COMMENT BOX WHEN I'M AT WORK?

@Linds: OOOH, good guess.... that one was actually 2nd choice! Oh yeah, I got freaky alright! (I totally did)