Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Speaking of irresponsible wastes...



Until I read the caption that the initials of her new publicity ploy boyfriend are B.M., I thought the letters on this hot mess' new ring stood for something else entirely.

I'm sure I wasn't alone in this line of thinking.

---

In other news having nothing whatsoever to do with being irresponsible or any version of the word 'waste', I'd like to direct you to my latest Twitter update (see the right column or click HERE to read more) regarding the antics from last night/early this morning:


"There's no way to explain how 4 a.m. found us singing Samantha Fox's "Naughty Girls Need Love Too", the "Ghostbusters" Theme, and Wham songs."



If anyone has guesses as to what came before or even what inspired said sing-a-longs, please leave them all in the comments. I can't wait to see if any of you can help piece it all back together, since we cannot, for the life of us, figure out how we ended up belting out classic tunes of such high caliber.

***We were NOT even karaoke-ing, so that doesn't explain it.***

I did, however, impress (or was it sadden? It was hard to tell.) with my total recall of Every. Single. Lyric. of all 3 songs (Samantha Fox's "Naughty Girls Need Love, Too; The Ghostbusters Theme; and the incredible "Battlestations", by Wham!). If you didn't already know, "Battlestations" is my favorite Wham! song, which frankly is like asking a mother to choose which child she loves the best.

If you know the song or clicked on the hotlink to read the lyrics, this should tell you a lot about me, being that I chose it over their phenomenal tunes, "Wake me up before you go-go" and especially "Careless Whisper"; a song full of profound lyrics... like, "I'm never gonna dance again. Guilty feet have got no rhythm".

16 comments:

Jen said...

Remember??? I was trying to figure out the name of the song at the end of Ghostbusters that starts out, "Please, please, pleeeeeeease" in a really sexy, pleading kind of way. Anyone know the name of that song (Spammon)? BTW...WTF were we doing up at 4am?

House of Jules said...

We were up at 4a.m. because of the pillow fight! HELLO??!?!!?

Jen said...

Oh, yes! Feathers flying everywhere.....I remember now!

House of Jules said...

...and besides, that STILL doesn't explain how Samantha Fox and Wham got in the mix. Let's see if anyone else weighs in with theories. ;)

AutoSysGene said...

I got nothing on the sing along...as for wearing a ring with BM on it...what is she nuts?

Anonymous said...

Was it 80s night at the male strip club?

Jen said...

Alex, no but next time there is an 80's night at a male strip club I AM SO THERE!

Spammon said...

I was thinking Butt Munch. Close enough. However, I wouldn't recommend doing the two at the same time.

When you did the Ghostbusters theme I sure hope you all danced around as if wearing cool Proton Packs.

Jen said...

No, but we did pretend to be wearing ecto-plasmic sludge! Ewwwww!

Anonymous said...

Oh my God. Naked men and 80s music? If it happens - Call Me! Just a couple of observations I've made the past few days: 1) Jerardi clearly popped Alex's commenting cherry. 2) Julie spends an alarming amount of time on People.com.

House of Jules said...

@Melissa: Well, you know what they say, love makes you stupid.

@Alex: You know how I feel about strip clubs, but I'm telling you that if something COULD get me inside one when not being forced to go because of some dumb bachelorette gathering, 80's NIGHT WOULD BE ALL IT WOULD TAKE TO GET ME THERE. I can't think of anything hotter than some dude picking up his dollar bills (and dignity) off of the floor after having shaken his moneymaker(s) to the most appropriate song ever made for such an occasion.

@Spammon: HA! I'm so glad I wasn't reading these at work today. I would have likely been reading yours while spitting out my drink just as the boss walked by again, and frankly I think I can only get away with that kind of madness once a week before I have to start explaining myself.

I did not wear a proton pack while belting out the Ghostbusters theme, but that's only because Ray Parker, Jr. didn't wear one in the video.

@Jen: Ewwww! What is wrong with you? (just kidding, you know that made me laugh a little bit but mostly because I imagined my favorite 9 year old catching us in proton packs covered in sludge (while pillow fighting, no doubt) and hearing her go, Uh, Mommmmmm, what are you guys DOING? Is it weird that your daughter now asks us the same things your mom used to when we were kids?

@Stacey: You know that happens every time we get together! We'll just have to make a point of getting together more often. Nothing inspires men to get naked more than 80's music.

As for your astute observations, I have the following to say: 1) Jerardi inspires women to do things they wouldn't normally do, and you of all people should be aware of that. (heh!) 2) The amount of time I spend on People.com is purely for research purposes. I'm in training for the World Series of Pop Culture, you know. Besides, I can't just fantasize about Jerardi seducing me in my kitchen, finding his way into my knickers all day long. ;)

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Ah Paris Hilton illustrates my inner conflict perfectly. She is everything I despise in a woman- shallow, stupid, arrogant and condescending.

Yet she is. just. so. hot.

I really piss myself off over this. I hang my head in shame.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Boston Market?

House of Jules said...

@Rob: REALLY? You think she's hot? This is very disturbing news to me.

@CherryRide: Yes, I think Boston Market is what her ring stands for. You there's gotta be a night vision video of her eating an entire chicken floating around the net!

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

On a purely pysical level – Yes. {sigh} On a human being level she is repugnant.

House of Jules said...

Rob: I will block out that knowledge completely because I like you; but also because you used one of my favorite words, repugnant, in a sentence. Well done, sir!