Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 17, 2008

They're always after me lucky charms!

You may remember this delightful exchange I had a couple of weeks ago regarding out-of-town St. Patrick's day plans:

I was originally going to take a half-day off of work on the 17th and the entire next day off, but decided instead to just take both days off. I assume I'm going to need it.

If you don't have to work on the 17th at all, what does that mean?

It means that I don't have to work on the 17th. What do you mean, 'what does that mean'?

I'm just wondering what time will you'll be here since you took the whole day off...because I want you here early, {tone of voice suddenly very, very intense; in such a way as to question the next statement} AND. I. WANT. YOU. RELAXED.

Well, I guess I'll make sure to be there early because that tone of voice is making me feel very relaxed already!


So, today's the day and I'm totally relaxed! So relaxed that I overslept, which has put me behind schedule; and you can imagine how being behind schedule would add to the relaxation I'm feeling! So much to do before driving 2 hours north, checking into our hotel, and heading to the concert (which I will tell you about later), and so little time to get things done. I will leave you with this sentiment:


A prediction of how I'll be spending the day tomorrow could not be more accurate.


PS- To the winners of the House of Jerardi contest, I'm sending off your stuff tomorrow afternoon... once I've put some pants on, of course. Sorry for the delay!

15 comments:

The Fruitcake Lady said...

Hey, what you do is your business but PLEASE consider keeping to yourself how you came to have Lucky Charms in your underwear in the first place. Faith and Begorrah!

Spammon said...

Eating lucky charms in your underwear is okay. It's only not okay when you are a messy eater and you get milk all over yourself. Because milk stinks when it sits and you end up smelling like vomit and bad cheese.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

You had given me something to do tomorrow. Until I read Spammon's comments. So now nevermind.

Anonymous said...

How DID you get Lucky Charms in your underwear? Wait. That could go so many different ways. ;)

xxxx said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. That's really all I can contribute right now. Can't wait to hear the full report!

kat said...

Great exchange. That's really all you need to be RELAXED. LOL

Anonymous said...

I just assumed that one would eat DRY Lucky Charms in their underwear... not an actual bowl of cereal.

Sauntering Soul said...

Aw man I missed out. I ate toast in my bathrobe this morning.

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Well, the day after is much better because you eating the Lucky Charms before bed while still drunk and get some in your undies that is one thing. When you wake up the next day incredibly hung over then you reach down and scratch your self before you are fully awake, the night mare scenarios that run through your muddled mind when your fingers come across those lucky charms in your undies until you remember what they are is quite another thing

Anonymous said...

I have learned soooo much about Rob this week. ;)

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

...Stacey said with a nervous tic

Anonymous said...

lucky charms in your panties

good times!

House of Jules said...

@FruitcakeLady: OK, they weren't IN my underwear....

@Spammon: I have a feeling there's a story there that you'd like to tell. Or will this be an upcoming PYP inspired by me??!!

@CherryRide: I'm sorry that Spammon ruined what would have been a glorious day. See, if I lived across the hall you could have joined me.... and it would have remained the totally innocent activity I intended for it to be!

@Stace: HA! Sooooo many different ways...

@Swishy: The full report is that I just came up for air around 2a.m. TMI?

@Kat: It actually ended up being quite relaxing, but you're right; it certainly didn't start out that way!

@Rob: WOW is all I can even say to that vivid description! I hope that post didn't trigger an actual traumatic experience. You made no mentions of finding the pot of gold.

@Stace: I know, right? Those emails between the 3 of us have really opened a doorway into his mind!

@Rob: HA!

@Chasing/Kris: OMG, I hope Sauntering Soul doesn't see your comment. She'll go into tremors when she sees that you typed the "p" word! :)

House of Jules said...

@Alex: Obviously you're the only one who could actually PICTURE what my day yesterday was like. NO MILK WAS HARMED IN THE PAST 24 HOURS!

@Sauntering/Bev: Toast in your bathrobe is a close 2nd to Lucky Charms in your underwear. :)

Spammon said...

There's no story to tell of me sitting in curdled milk. However, I often drink sour curdled milk because I don't care for looking at expiration dates. And it normally takes me about 3/4 of the bowl of cereal to realize that something doesn't taste right. But since I've already eaten that much, I might as well finish what I've started. And now you know why they call me Iron Stomach.