Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth...

I spent the weekend out of town and things got a little bit hectic. For some reason, that has followed me into this week, which could possibly be the cause of the stress shooting out from the core of my soul that is shining a brilliant glow-of-disquietude all around me. It's glorious, you should see it! 


Enough about me, let's talk about you for a minute. There's only one more day before the winners of the first House of Jules giveaway are picked and announced. Click HERE to leave a comment on last Wednesday's post, which will be used as your entry in the random drawing! By this time tomorrow morning it will all be decided and the winners will be notified. Can you handle the pressure? I hope so because otherwise I'm going to have to ask someone to help you all chill out and breathe easy. Lucky for you, I know just the person to do it!

In the last 24 hours, I had a conversation about our long-awaited St. Patrick's Day out-of-town-and-overnight plans with a group of old friends, in which a road-trip, a concert and a hotel are involved. Also, Guinness, but that comes after the road-trip part, don't worry. So, this is how we hammer-out important details in a special shorthand I like to call, "WasThatClearEnoughForYou?".


I was originally going to take a half-day off of work on the 17th and the entire next day off, but decided instead to just take both days off. I assume I'm going to need it.

If you don't have to work on the 17th at all, what does that mean? 

It means that I don't have to work on the 17th. What do you mean, 'what does that mean'?

I'm just wondering what time will you'll be here since you took the whole day off...because I want you here early,  {tone of voice suddenly very, very intense; in such a way as to question the next statement}  AND. I. WANT. YOU. RELAXED.

Well, I guess I'll make sure to be there early because that tone of voice is making me feel very relaxed already!

8 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

My heart is all aflutter in anticipation of the drawing. Although I just noticed there are 52 comments on last Wednesday's post. I liked my chances better last week when there were, like, 8.

House of Jules said...

CherryRide: If you don’t win this contest, maybe you’ll win the “Pay-It-Forward” contest I’m planning for next week! In the meantime, you can comment on last Wednesday’s post more than once to increase you chances, or just go with fate....

Spammon said...

Does this trip/concert involve you jumping on a float and lip syncing "Shake it up baby?" Every year I have no idea that it is St. Patties day until some idiot dressed in green punches me in the chest. I hate this holiday.

I entered myself a few more times. If I really wanted to, I could probably go and enter another 3,259 times, but then that wouldn't be fair to everyone else.

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! Your saying she wasn't using her stress free voice? ;)

Anonymous said...

I knew I liked you for a reason. Anyone who makes St. Patty's Day a holiday like I do, is my kind of girl.

I have a shirt that says "Drink Up Bitches!"

House of Jules said...

@Spammon: That sounds like the last Bears/Eagles game I went to. All the dudes were punching each other in the chest. I don't punch people because, may I remind you, I'm a lady! STOP LAUGHING!

As for the singing, my only guarantee is that I have no plans to be on a float while doing it (heh, I said, 'doing it'); but there WILL be singing. Though if you pay good money to see a concert, I'm not one of those douches sitting behind you who decides to sing every song off-key and seemingly right into your brain. Any singing I do will be post-concert, at the bar, after several Guinnesses. There will be shaking of asses at the concert, though, so sorry in advance to anyone who is sitting near my friends & I and are offended by that kind of behavior.

Glad to see you were very subtle (like most of the other regulars around here) in your vote-casting.

OH, and you probably deserve a punch in the chest for today's PYP, by the way. I have yet to decide on that because I'm busy trying to keep my dinner down.

@Melissa: YES! WHAT. I'M. SAYING. IS. THAT. HE. WASN'T. USING. A. STRESS-FREE. VOICE. OR. ONE. THAT. ENCOURAGED. ME. TO. FEEL. STRESS-FREE. ;)

@KJ: Dude, we are total internet BFFs. I need that shirt, though coincidentally that is what I usually say instead of "Cheers".

Trish Ryan said...

Awww...I'm too late for the contest! Still though, it was worth stopping by for the reminder that St. Patrick's day is just around the corner. Go Irish :)

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

the stress shooting out from the core of my soul that is shining a brilliant glow-of-disquietude all around me.

Is that what makes your hair stand up like that?