Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's official, I'm calling us the Cherry Icee Coalition™

I just wanted to thank everybody for sending your positivity down to Nic, Tim and her family (and even some up to me!) in response to Tuesday's post, whether it was by leaving a comment, by sending me an e-mail, or through a phone call. I am thankful for all of the kindness you've shown, and I love that some of you took it upon yourselves to join the Cherry Icee Coalition™! Nic is still in the ICU, so your positive vibes are being put to good use.

To lighten the mood a bit, I'm going to share a short snippet from a long e-mail exchange I had with my old friend Charissa. What you need to know first is that in some circles my bed is referred to as "Purple Heaven", because it:

1) Is possibly the most comfortable bed on the planet

2) has not only really great sheets but also a dark purple aubergine (eggplant!) velvet duvet, dust ruffle, etc. It sounds bordello-rific, but I assure you it is very tastefully done. I'm oddly proud of it because it was the first time I really went shopping with the intention to splurge on the good stuff, and then ended up getting it all 75% off in a stroke of luck, making it more budget-friendly than the really scratchy affordable route I had always taken in the past. It not only looks good, but it FEELS good, just ask anybody who's been in it! That statement right there probably just made my parents log off of the internet.

Without further ado... a couple of lines on the subject of how I'm doing emotionally (in direct relation to Tuesday's post), with an intentionally shallow response from Charissa because she knew it would make me laugh... and oh, how I needed a good laugh:


Me: I pretty much just want to crawl under the covers and throw up, though it's probably best if I do that in the reverse order.

Charissa: Please don't puke in your bed, that would just make it worse... think of your beautiful bedding!



One of these days I'll do a post showing you my entire bedroom, the literal "House of Jules", but until then here's a shot of the foot of my bed. You kinda want to crawl into it, don't you?

10 comments:

kat said...

LOL @ bordello-rific at the parents remark. It does look awesome and I do want to crawl right in. It looks so comfy.

Looking forward to one day seeing the real House of Jules.

Spammon said...

Now there's some bedding that would make The Artist Formally Known as Price proud. If it were AKA Purple Haze, then you could also please all the Hendrix fans at the same time.

AutoSysGene said...

Oooh, I think you new purple fleece throw will match your bedding just fine!!

I'll be drinking an icee later today...

House of Jules said...

@Kat: I'm sure if I didn't put that photo up, everyone would have pictured it to be bordello-riffic! :)

@Spammon: Could be a coincidence.... or maybe not! (ok, but seriously, it's a coincidence)

@Melissa: WOO HOO! I can't wait to see my new purple blanket that you made for me! I'll be hosting my own pay-it-forward contest shortly thereafter...

The Ex said...

Actually...I kind of DO want to crawl into it.

Lots of good vibes to Nic.

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Two thoughts,

1) Our coalition would be the C.I.C. So folks, the C.I.C is in the I.C.U House for the N-I-C!

2) This may be the first time I have heard “purple” and “tastefully” used in the same sentence!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Dust ruffle? Really? Does Our Generation buy dust ruffles?

House of Jules said...

@The Ex: Thanks!

@Rob: Nice job on #1. As for that other part of your comment, I could have used the actual name the bedding company used on the package, Aubergine instead of the regular-boring-old purple but I didn't want to be too "highbrow". :) And, OMG, you didn't even make a thinly veiled comment about crawling into my bed. I must be losing my touch.

@Cherry: Our Generation buys dust ruffles when it comes in a set with the duvet and (horrors!), SHAMS. I know, intense, right?! I'm sure you'll be pondering the meaning of all of this madness when you're lounging on the beach with your margarita for the next week. I hope nobody "reads" your newspaper. ;)

KathyLikesPink said...

Wow that does look nice! I have to admit, when I read 'purple' I was thinking more along the lines of 8-year old girl theme.

Looking forward to seeing the shams and dust ruffle...

xxxx said...

Ohhhh, I TOTALLY want to crawl in it! No one appreciates a good bed more than me :)