Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Oh, it's "magical" alright!

A few weeks ago, I was in the checkout line and saw this hanging to my right, in the section that should be marked, "Things you'll buy at the last minute in a misguided attempt to fill the void in your soul", but is actually marked "Gum".

For the record, I did NOT spend my hard-earned cash on this, I simply took a quick picture because I got such a kick out of it.

Ladies & Gents! May I present...

SQUIRMLES®, The Magical Pet



I was laughing when I took the picture, so it's a bit blurry. I'll go ahead and list a few of the "magical" things SQUIRMLES® can do!

1. Jump
2. Twist
3. Crawl... Magically in your hands!




It's so very magical that "You bring it to life!"

This is one of those things from the 70's that somebody decided to re-package and bring back in an attempt to rob our generation's children of their allowance by selling them what is really just a bloated pipe cleaner with googly-eyes attached to it.

MAGICAL!

****

6 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Eeek! Why do you keep posting things a day or two before I'M planning to post? I also have a picture of something from a recent grocery trip (not the same product though; that'd be REALLY weird!)!! Cray-zay-zee!

Stacey said...

Yeah! Stop stealing her thunder!

Cristina said...

Hehehe, I used to love those :p I never did have one, because I didn't have an allowance, and my mom thought it was a waste of money ;)

Gene said...

He looks like the kid from that Wilford Brimley show "Our House."

House of Jules said...

@SisMis: EEK! I must be psychic, or like Stacey said, trying to steal your thunder! (I'm neither)

@125Azul: I didn't have one either, but I knew even as a kid that it was a ripoff so I didn't want one anyway!

@Gene: So funny! I loved that show! Deidre Hall, 90210's Brenda before she was Brenda, the dude from the oatmeal commercials... and even the blond kid. What's not to love?!

Anonymous said...

Now if I remember correctly you and your sister had a piece of leathery material that was fuzzy on top with two googley eyes at one end and you would move your hand along it and it would jump a little and move forward. That came from a craft fair that Grandma J went too.

So many strange things and ways to make money.

Love
Grandma W