Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Somebody was Honkin' on Bobo, but it wasn't Steven Tyler

I love Aerosmith, but one of my friend LOVES Aerosmith. L-O-V-E-S, LOVES. Namely, Steven Tyler, though not in "that" way.

She emailed me on Monday with a link to an online article, quoting Joe Perry talking nonsensically to whoever would listen. He said he hadn't spoken to Steven in a minute, how that obviously means Steven has probably up & quit the band, and therefore Joe was gonna go right ahead and find a new singer for Aerosmith so they could keep right on touring.

Anyone who has seen their "Behind the Music" wouldn't doubt the last half of what he said. Joe Perry is ready to do EVERYTHING without Steven Tyler. I did have a hard time finding the truth in that first part; equating Steven's non-responsiveness to Perry as him quitting the band.

I replied to my friend with, "Steven hasn't even made any kind of official statement yet. Maybe Joe Perry could allow the man talk before holding auditions for new singer?!" Then, yesterday, she sent me a link to this short video of them on stage together at New York's Fillmore on Tuesday night. Just before performing, Tyler had something to say to everybody, with a very specific message for Joe Perry :


"I just want New York to know I'm not leaving Aerosmith and Joe Perry, you are a man of many colors, but I, motherf--ker, am a rainbow!"

He's a rainbow! Just like THESE GUYS!


****

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like their sound. And I'm mmmmmyears old.

Love
Grandma W