Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, November 2, 2009

I wish I knew how to quit you

Two of my very favorite people in the entire world happen to be married to each other. Emily is one of my college roommates and Mel is the best borrow-a-husband I've ever had. They don't make them like Mel anymore, or if they do, they don't make them anywhere near here! He's the gold-standard, I'm telling you. Then again, so is she. It's a perfect match!

Em was born & raised in Wisconsin and Mel was born & raised in Canada. They're really Californians, though. Just like them, their home is warm & beautiful and when I visit, I never want to leave. They're the kind of people who refer to the guest room as "your room", as in: "Come see us! Your room is waiting for you!" They probably say that to all of their out of town guests but it doesn't feel like it. It feels very much like I am their favorite person and that if I'm not staying in their house, "my" room gets sealed off until the day I return. Of course that isn't true, they are just the kind of people who make all of their friends feel like they are #1, and we all believe it.

This weekend, Mel updated his Facebook status (which he doesn't often do), and since they are known to vacation in exotic locations, I wanted to know where they were. This screen cap pretty much says it all:



C'mon. The man knows how I prefer to be welcomed, in any situation. Open arms & a large alcoholic drink! He totally gets me.

I wondered, when I went back to make that screen cap, if I might have already been enjoying a large alcoholic drink when I commented on Mel's status.

NOTE TO SELF: YOU HAVEN'T LIVED IN WISCONSIN SINCE COLLEGE, WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE ALREADY QUIT WISCONSIN*.



*Sausages from Wisconsin, on the other hand, I will never, ever quit. Ever.

3 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

You can take the girl outta Wisconsin...

Gene said...

He totally gets me too. Sometimes I think I need to move to California.

Kristen said...

I could never quit Wisconsin cheese curds, and I only met them in 2008. OUR LOVE IS INTENSE AND PASSIONATE.