Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, July 31, 2008

If you weren't such great people, your timeless love would make me sick


Ahhh, love.

Four years ago today I was capturing on film one of my oldest friends and one of my newest friends legally joining alliances. It was epic. I still get goose bumps whenever I hear their song: 

The One
I saw you dancing out the ocean
Running fast along the sand
A spirit born of earth and water
Fire flying from your hands

In the instant that you love someone
In the second that the hammer hits
Reality runs up your spine
And the pieces finally fit

And all I ever needed was the one
Like freedom fields where wild horses run
When stars collide like you and I
No shadows block the sun

You're all I've ever needed
Baby you're the one

-Elton John


Happy Anniversary EM & M! Here's to 4 more lifetimes together. 

All photos ©HouseofJules

7 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary Em & Mel! Here's to MANY MORE happy years! xoxo

Spammon said...

At first when I saw a song titled One, I initially thought of Metallica. But the these lyrics didn't seem too happy for an anniversary:

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god, wake me

Now the world is gone I'm just one
Oh god, help me

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god, help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell


Good choice not going with that one. And Happy Anniversary.

AutoSysGene said...

Happy Anniversary! Your friends and pictures of them are beautiful!!

And I also love the fact that she's 6 inches taller than her hubby! :)

Astrogirl426 said...

Melissa took the words right out of my mouth. Any man who has no problem marrying a woman who's taller than he is (or who makes more money, or who can press more weight, etc.) is alright by me.

Happy 4th, Em 'n M!

House of Jules said...

@Spammon: You have a real future in the greeting card industry.

@Melissa & Astrogirl: Em is 6'1", so she's pretty much taller than nearly everyone around her.

mrsmouthy said...

I got the chills, too. I'm also feverish and have the flu, but I think they were new chills. Anyway, you are a great friend to remember your friends' anniversaries.

Spammon said...

jules - If I did do greeting cards, they would most likely have zero writing on them and just be a folded piece of scrap paper. I guess maybe I could throw in a Happy __________ on the front to make it universal.