Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Either he and I have the same taste in men or he just has a death wish. You decide.

I'm officially at war with Josh Brolin.

Back in January, I wrote my first and what I thought would be my last open letter to him, which, if you just aren't up to clicking on that "open letter to him" hotlink, looked like this:


Click photo to enlarge. Click hotlink above to enjoy funny reader comments. Click on Brolin's face with your fist if you see him in public (he's definitely asking for it, as you'll soon see).


Re-armed with that information, it will come as no surprise to you that my head nearly imploded when I was doing my Humpday "research" last month and came across these photos from Oscar night:


In No Country for Old Men, Josh Brolin's character Llewelyn Moss tells his wife he is "fixin' to do something dumber than hell". Dumber than hell is right! Nobody gets to hold Javier against a wall with their body besides me. (Javier may be smiling, but it's only because he knows I'm digging in my pocket for a quarter. This will only make sense to you if you've seen No Country for Old Men, or if you click on the hotlink in the next photo caption.)



"What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, friendo?"

+++++

On to more pleasant news! Approximately 2.4 seconds after I put up the Humpday post last week, I got this email:


Hi! I found a spanish copy of Jamon Jamon. Here is the link...



If you have no idea what Jamon Jamon is, please refer to last Wednesday's post, in which I suggest that although the title directly translates to "Ham Ham", by the looks of the adults-only trailer it should be called "Pork Pork". It's the very JB movie I had been unable to Netflix (because as of now it isn't even available), and the very movie I said I was making my mission to see, even if I had to buy it! Ask and ye shall receive Bardem, which I'm pretty certain is a phrase straight out of the Bible.

Our communication continued like this:

You are ON TOP OF THINGS like nobody else, sister. Who are you, where did you come from, how did you find my blog and are you okay with being my new favorite person?

Your show of generosity in emailing that movie link will put a skip in my step today, so thank you!
-Jules



Jules,
I'm Cristina, and am reading you from as far as Portugal. I'm a Javi fan, and that should say it all. I found your blog through Javi and Google Alerts; and your promise awhile back to make a hump post about him. I had to add you to my RSS feed.

"...and are you okay with being my new favorite person?":
Totally!
-Cris


So, there you have it, internet. To my new favorite person in Portugal, I say: OBRIGADA, CRIS! Now let's go kick some Brolin ass!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask and ye shall receive Bardem

*giggles*

C

kat said...

This is my Mea Culpa for not commenting on your latest Humpday post. The long awaited much looked forward to post. The post of all posts. The mother of humpday posts so to speak!!!

And then? I don't even comment on it. Anyway, that post and this very one kick ass.

Nobody messes with Javier

Jen said...

Brolin definitely has a death wish!

Cool hook up in Portugual! We should go visit! ;)

xxxx said...

He totally looks like he is SEXUALLY ASSAULTING him in that first picture! He needs to be put away!

Spammon said...

Apparently what this means is that you need to date Josh Brolin. The best way to a man is through his friend, and obviously, he knows both of them.

lindsey said...

best way to a man is through his friend! ahahahahahahaha!

We have not seen Flight of the Conchords tv show, but now I really really want to. Business time is so freaking funny!

AutoSysGene said...

I think you owe me and email about some doctor love...:)

My friends are now calling my doctor McNeedle....I kid you not!

texAAsgirl said...

Randuhm comment - (gotta love those) I found yet another theme song for us besides BuckCherry's Crazy B*tch - - Good Friend & a Glass of Wine by LeAnne Rimes - - Have an awesome freakin' weekend!

House of Jules said...

@C: It's definitely from the Bible, right?

@Kat: No Mea Culpa needed, I knew out of anyone that you were probably the happiest to finally have that one up!

@Jen: That's what I thought. Yes, we'll put Portugal on the list of places to vacation together, as long as my liver makes it through our upcoming Key West trip.

@Swishy: Brolin definitely needs a "sit down talkin' to", at least. I will leave the details of it for someone else to hammer out. My main concern is that Javi is not scarred from that horrible invasion of personal space!

@Spammon: Are you this funny in real life? Because you never fail to crack me up and POINT OUT IMPORTANT THINGS TO ME at the same time. You're so right. I should date Josh Brolin. But he's married to that hottie Diane Lane, and I respect those boundaries. I guess I'll just keep hoping someone beats him up in an alley.

@Linds: Is Spammon this funny in real life? Seriously. And, oh YES, you guys really have to get FotC! You'll LOVE it. I am so into those adorable Kiwis.

@Melissa: I know! I forgot. I will email you by the end of the weekend. It's a GOOD story. I love the Dr. McNeedle nickname, especially since he's poking you on a regular basis! I'm just gonna leave the obvious "Open up and say ahhhh" joke alone. It's too easy.

@TexAAsGirl: I love random comments. I'll look up that Rimes song, but I hardly think anything could beat "our song" CrazyB*tch. I mean, c'mon. Really? Are you getting soft on me? ;) I can't imagine Jenny would stand for that.

texAAsgirl said...

Being "randuuhm" again - I didn't sayI was replacing CrazyB; I'm just adding another to our collection! :)

Anonymous said...

i've tagged you, jules!

kris

Spammon said...

jules - yes, I am that funny.

House of Jules said...

@TexAAsGirl: Okay then! We'll add it to our list. Crazy B*tch is still our OFFICIAL song, though.

@Chasing Fireflies: I'll get on that over the weekend!

@Spammon: You must be, because even that response made me laugh a little bit.