Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Weed apple dweed appledeeeee, skeet apple dweed appledeee-eeeee"

Disclaimer: I realize based on the title of this post that I'll likely move to the top of Google searches for people trying to figure out how to smoke Matthew McConaughey's favorite herb using a hollowed-out fruit pipe, but I'm quoting a source directly and I take that kind of thing seriously*.


If anyone besides my sister remembers Chicago's very own David Broom from MTV's Real World New Orleans (2000), I think I just saw him at my local Target. He was buying throat lozenges, no doubt from all the incredible** jazz scatting he's known*** for.

Even if you don't know who I'm talking about, let me just tell you that I feel really good about putting his thug love song in your head, because after you play this clip, you're going to want to thank me!

You're SO welcome.

Double-click either "play" arrow if you have trouble with the video:

"I've seen the way you've treated other thugs you've been with, c'mon be my baby tonight!"

I really want this as a ringtone****. Rather, a skeet appledee apple skeet-tone.

*Well, I mean, relatively seriously. Okay, a little bit seriously. Alright, not at all.
**Using the term "incredible" loosely.
***Using the term "known" very loosely.
****Seriously! The kind of seriously that is in direct opposition of the way that I used seriously the first time was a joke. This seriously is serious. Seriously!

8 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

OMG, I LOVE him.
And had forgotten all about him.

But now that you reminded me, I am reminded of how much I love him.

My smile has never been bigger. (Okay, well maybe it has. But it's pretty big.)

Were there any other words to that little ditty? I can't remember. Good times!

(and I'll be skeeting this all afternoon, so thanks. :) )

Andie said...

oh my. you have just brought back memories. LOL

xxxx said...

Of COURSE I know who David is! ha ha ha. And at the Target, no less, huh?

lindsey said...

Did he really say SKEET? hahahahahahaha.

ahhh skeet skeet.

House of Jules said...

SKEET SKEET!

Spammon said...

I've scoured the internet looking for a copy of this song on mp3 because I refuse to pay for this. Would you kindly send me your copy on mp3 (I know you have this album) so I can create a ring tone for you?

And did you get my previous email with my address for the extraordinary nut snacks?

House of Jules said...

@Spammon: HAHAHA! I actually realized I have a function on my phone that allows me to record audio, so that's how I'll make a ringtone for myself. Thanks for your dedicated offer, however thinly veiled it was. I know you just wanted a copy of the song so you could romance Linds with it.

I did get your address. Your E.N.s will be on their way to your door this wkend! Keep your eyes peeled for their arrival early next week!

Melisa Wells said...

haha, saw this on LinkWithin and had to give ole' Dave another visit. Good times!