Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, September 19, 2008

A card for every occasion, except the obvious (and awkward), "See you after rehab!"

If the O.P.P. 3-ring binder wasn't for you, maybe this will get you to your local Target, STAT! Are you mentally prepared for this? David Hasselhoff has his own line of greeting cards:


I have no doubt that like Hasselhoff, his cards are big in Germany, too.


There's rock-climbing Hasselhoff, Baywatch Hasselhoff, 8x10 Glossy Hasselhoff and even suited-up for a night on the town Hasselhoff. All of them under the category of "Funny Birthday". Who knew?


"Funny Anytime" is right!

I thought the real video of a drunken Hasselhoff eating a burger on the floor was too sad, but this one? Wow. I wish I could tell you that I didn't find this one funny... but I did*. It's a puppet as drunken Hasselhoff, set to the audio of the original video. Let me be clear on what I find funniest about this whole thing: someone made a HASSELHOFF PUPPET, and that alone is hilarious. 


What really did me in is at 1:13, when he snorts:


Double-click on either 'play' arrow if you have trouble with the video.


*Obviously, alcoholism isn't funny. If this post offends you in any way, it wasn't my intention. Honestly, if my goal was to make you angry about the world we live in, I could have easily embedded either of his "Hooked on a Feelin'" or "Limbo Dance" music videos.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Ha ha!!! I'm commenting before Melissa!! Apparently she's cooking dinner (see her FB status if you don't believe me).

First - Don't Hassle the Hoff.
Second - Notice none of the pictures are from the past 10 years.
Third - if you send me one, I will be forced to kill you.

House of Jules said...

@Stacey: Oh Dr. Hoff, you KNOW I would never, ever Hassle you! However, my sister may when she sees that you spelled her name with 2 s's. Good luck with that. ;) Having said all of that, you know that I only took the photos of his cards for you, because I'm not supposed to Hassle you. But I Hassle you anyway, Hoff. Secretly you like it. You even have the t-shirt, so c'mon. Admit it.

Melisa Wells said...

I'm seriously NOT making this up, but I left a comment! I don't know if it was before or after Sstacey (but since she's so excited about the idea of beating me to the comment I'll say it was probably after, since I was making dinner at the time). What the hell? Do I need to repeat the comment? I'm too old to remember it: it was something about how this was so wrong but so funny, and it's like Crank Yankers for Youtube. But in the context of this mess of a comment, it sucks so just forget I said anything. :)

P.S. The next time I'm at Target I'm going to keep my eyes open for more crazy merchandise.

Astrogirl426 said...

Holy wow. I couldn't resist and had to check out the videos, plus a highly disturbing one called "Get Into My Car". They were all wrong, in too many ways to enumerate.

Now I have to go bleach my brain.

Nee S. said...

I haven't seen those cards here in Germany yet, and I am a long-time greeting card junkie (my FIL still comments on my Happy St. Patrick's Day cards of years past; I can't find them here). I don't doubt they'd be a big hit.

I'm just waiting for someone to make a Hasselhoff cake along these lines: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/09/mmmm-chest-hair.html
Hair-tastic!

Spammon said...

They need a card with him eating that burger and the caption "Stay on the wagon!"

Andie said...

that is hilarious.

House of Jules said...

@Nee: That cake has been in my blog folder to post about forever. Love it so much!