Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, September 22, 2008

Some people's comedy is some people's something else

Last night, while watching the premiere of CBS' Worst Week, I sent this text message from my cell phone to my twitter account:



Around the same time, somewhere in New York, Astrogirl426 was sending this text message to her twitter account:

Isn't that what makes it so funny? No? Okay, let's agree to disagree.

I have no idea if the writers can keep it going, but for my brand of humor, it looks to be the best second best (see tomorrow's post) new comedy since the first season of My Name is Earl. At one point during the show, I really thought I gave myself a nose bleed from laughing so hard. Anyone else see it?


Ignore Lara Spencer's grating 10-sec intro & check out this 3 minute show preview


Thanks to Astrogirl426 for letting me use her Tweet! We agree on lots of things, but as for Worst Week, we're gonna agree to disagree.

7 comments:

Spammon said...

We missed this. It seems like a Meet The Parents TV show. I'll have to catch it next week.

On the flip side, I had a friend that could classify as 100% bad luck. The stories I could tell of him peeing his pants in Costco when a cell phone ring startled him. Or when he crashed into a tree on his bike while playing chicken with 8 year old's.

Oh and one other thing, I may have accidentally gave Lindsey a dynamite elbow to the forehead when we were dating. It was an accident, although the goose egg the size of a baseball seemed otherwise. Thankfully we had a good story so I didn't have to explain to her dad how me elbowing his daughter in the face was 'funny'.

Astrogirl426 said...

Anytime, hon. And hey, we both still agree on the important stuff - Pivs is still The Man, Little Britain is effin hysterical, and margaritas before noon are perfectly acceptable.

Oh wait - that last bit is me. Whoopsy!

House of Jules said...

@Spammon: I wonder when I'll learn not to read your comments when I'm at work. Maybe the day after I get fired for busting a gut when I'm supposed to be working on a rush job. I need to hear more stories about your friend. AND POOR LINDS!

@astrogirl426: It's not just you on that last thing. I, too, think if you aren't blending up a drink by lunchtime, you're late to the party. :) Good stuff.

TSintheC said...

Oh Jules. I used to watch the original BBC series and laughed my ass off. I didn't see the U.S. version - but if it matches...I understand you popping that vein.

xxxx said...

I didn't see it, but I got my hair cut today and my hairdresser said it was HILARIOUS, so funny she had tears in her eyes. I'll have to watch it online now!!

lindsey said...

Spammon... I think you forgot to mention the time you dropped me on my nose, or what about the time when you spit a loogie on my face, and there was that one time you threw me into your dogs swim pool, which was full of hair, poop, urine and bacteria. You're such a charmer.

We'll be tuning into this show for sure!

AutoSysGene said...

Looks like I'm going to have to see if I can catch the first eppy on CBS...I laughed quite a bit at the preview.