Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, April 17, 2009

If things go well, you might be showing off your O-face!

I've already written about how my job has involved many pitch meetings for different products, and that I probably pay attention to commercials, slogans, and advertising in general more than the average person does. I think about what goes into a pitch meeting, and how I'm sure some advertising agencies must be amazed when a client goes with (and pays big money for) some half-baked or unintentionally hilarious idea.

For example, I was surprised by this product name and was saddened by this spokesperson/song, and I couldn't believe that this winter accessory actually made it into production. The last marketing campaign that caught my attention was way back in November, and it was True North's"extraordinary nutsnacks". I even asked my friends Spammon & Lindsey to be the official House of Jules extraordinary nutsnack taste-testers. You can read that post (and I highly recommend it, for the nutsnack comparison photos alone!) HERE.

Since that time, I haven't seen any glaringly awful or awesome product advertising, that is until this week when I saw this:



1. Yes, they are asking you to "upload your O-face*" so people can VOTE ON IT.

2. Not only do they want you to "upload your O-face*", but if you win, your O-face* will be featured in a national ad campaign. C'mon. Nobody wants to see that.



I'm guessing the nice people at Three-O Vodka told the female model to act like she walked into her own surprise party, and told the male model to act like he was being held up at gunpoint, giving a sad, new meaning to stick 'em up. I bet they just want everybody to think to themselves how easy it would be to win. Sneaky bastards.


*"You know what I'm talking about...O! Yeah..."

5 comments:

Spammon said...

I'm guessing that after a few Three-O's, the O-faces start looking better and better? This is obviously in response to the very successful Bitter Beer Face.

I mean, let's face it, if that was blondies real o-face, she would scare guys right out of the bedroom. And glasses guy would make his female victims feel like they just played the part of a roller-coaster car.

lindsey said...

O - O - O

Spam - I actually like the overly dramatic o-faces...

Melisa Wells said...

One of the best movies ever.

That advertising campaign is crazy! It's interesting to think of what Americans don't blink at now in comparison with the 1950s...and kind of scary to think of what we won't blink at in another 40 or 50 years. Eeek!

Stacey said...

As soon as I saw the title I knew you were right. He could easily win. I'm thinking that IS the blonde's O-face. She's probably surprised she's actually having one. Now that I think about it, the guy's probably surprised anyone said yes.

Andie said...

ROFLOL
as soon as I heard "o" face, I thought of office space. LOL