Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood, Rebecca De Mornay is getting felt up by painted ladies*

Tom Cruise did a great job convincing everyone he was batsh*t crazy after jumping on Oprah's couch in 2005, and I was among those taking bets on what his comedown would be like. After Suri was born, I did the calculations (counting backwards on my fingers), and it's possible that he was amped because he just found out Katie was knocked up, which they had to keep secret. Even though he was on Oprah 10 months earlier, it's still possible. Right? What does anyone do when they have to keep an exciting secret to themselves? Jump on Oprah's couch and act insane enough to scare a worldwide audience of millions, duh! Anyway, it looks like he's going back on her show in May to celebrate the 25 year anniversary of Risky Business.




I hastily (because time is money as Lana would probably say) threw together this photoshop collage to show my prediction of what his upcoming appearance will look like. I can only hope that during the actual show, Bob Seger will be singing "Old Time Rock 'n Roll" from the side of the stage:


Don't try to take him to a disco, indeed.

...

*The headline of this post might be funny (or not!), but it's no joke. See?


Oh Becky, there really is no excuse for this.

8 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

CLASSIC. Love the new photo of Tom on the couch. I'm not sure if I like his "Risky Business" face or if he should have that really evil cackling face on though.

Anonymous said...

God that is FUNNY! Hopefully Tom Cruise will be a little less sscary this time.

Anonymous said...

I always forget how much I truly love this movie. I especially love the music. I even named one of my cats Risky after this movie.

House of Jules said...

@SisMis: He'll probably surprise us all and act well-behaved. Which would be sad!

@Christy: I don't know how he'd manage to get scarier, unless he actually kicks Oprah in the head during a fit of joy.

@Ree: The fact that Joey Pants is the pimp in this movie cracks me up!

Spammon said...

If Tom skips the couch jumping and decides to jump on Oprah's face, he's got an OK in my book. Extra credit points if he stops her eyes from sliding off the side of her face.

Jen said...

Doesn't the green chick on the right (our right, not Becky's) look sort of like Heather Mills? Freaky!

House of Jules said...

@Spammon: This is the 2nd time I've read something you wrote about Oprah's eyes "sliding off the side of her face" (the first was over at Jen's blog regarding her big truck); and I gotta tell you, it's a totally disturbing thought. Not just b/c it's Oprah, but the idea of anyone's eyes doing that is really gag-inducing. Good job!

@Jen: It DOES look like Heather Mills, which proves that b**ch will do anything for money!

Anonymous said...

very funny!