Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 19, 2008

For everyone (and everyone you know) who has a dog in Milwaukee... this one's for you!

Awhile back, I came to the end of a long process of growing out my hair to donate to Locks of Love. The minimum required for a donation is a 10" tip-to-tip ponytail, which is a lot of hair to chop all at once. Since I didn't want to end up bald, I knew I had to take someone with me who I could trust to ensure that my head wouldn't end up as somebody's "special art project".

I knew immediately my friend of 20 years, Sue, would be up to the task, and she came along happily. Just before the scissor-wielding stylist started the first sawing actions through my thick ponytail, Sue unexpectedly whipped out a ruler and measured several times to confirm it was the right length, because as much as she knows that donating hair for kids with medical hair loss is a great cause, she also knows that I don't ever want to look like a dude.

There isn't anyone I trust more with my hair and more importantly, with my life. The point of this post is to announce that after many years of dreaming about it, she has started her own professional* dog walking service, and she'd love to add your pet(s) to her important client list! It goes without saying that if I had a dog and lived in Wisconsin, I would hire her in a heartbeat.

Click HERE to get to her website. Please pass along this information to every dog-owner you know in and around the Milwaukee area, suburbs included!




*She's professional, which takes the pressure off of your dog.

6 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Smart to bring a ruler. When I donated the stylist cut uneven and took an extra 2 inches off. I about had a heart attack.

Thankfully I got used to it quickly!!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Let's get together for Gospel Brunch at HOB. Seriously!

Taj said...

I took a wrong turn into a Gospel Brunch once. The quiche was lovely but I probably shouldn't have asked for a Mimosa.

If I knew anyone in Wisconsin I would send them your friends way. But I don't, so I'll just wish her much success!

Sauntering Soul said...

I don't know anyone in Milwaukee.

I did, however, donate to Locks of Love about 2 years ago. I should have brought a friend with a ruler. My stylist cut off 16 inches. It was traumatic.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Sue!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Hm...I'm in Mke but a bit outside her area. May have to call her!