Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm one of the people the reviewer is writing about if you replace Courtney Love with Javier Bardem. I'd like to know all-things-obscene about him.

Especially since every single salacious thing about Courtney Love has already been exposed. Yes, I would be the first in line to buy a book filled with all the dirty little (and big) secrets of Javier Bardem; oh, and also a book filled with maps of every subway/tube system in the world! What took so long for the latter to happen, and how long must I wait for the former? Somebody please get to work on that! I'm salivating already.

But in the meantime...


Drool.


Subway Hounds Rejoice: New Book Provides Every Transit Map in the World
by Marty Jerome

Believe it or not, there are people who will sink into this book as if it were a salacious biography of Courtney Love (Javier Bardem!). Mark Ovenden has pulled together both historic and current maps of every rapid-transit system in the world. The maps cover more than 200 megacities as well as smaller urban areas, including Bilbao, Bucharest, Oslo, Toronto and Vienna. It includes maps for cities that use light rail systems, monorail services and hybrid tram-trains. And oddly, they're beautiful. Even the casual browser who hates mass transit will find the graphics, symbols and colors of these maps to be engrossing.

Transit Maps of the World is the first and only comprehensive collection of historic and current maps of every rapid-transit system on earth. Using glorious, colorful graphics, Ovenden traces the history of mass transit-including rare and historic maps, diagrams, and photographs, some available for the first time since their original publication. Transit Maps is the graphic designer’s new bible, the transport enthusiast’s dream collection, and a coffee-table essential for everyone who’s ever traveled in a city.



OK, you caught me! Javier Bardem doesn't have much to do with this particular post, really. But I AM working on one for another night that is more involved and has everything to do with him (swoon!), so I suppose he was just on the brain. However, he does in fact make me drool, and the Transit Maps of the World book makes me drool a little, though admittedly for different reasons. But again, that has nothing to do with this particular post.


Double drool. By the way, I can already hear my friends laughing because he is SO obviously my type (Tall? check! Dark? check! Hot? check! English-as-a-second-language? check!) that it seems almost silly to dedicate not only one blog post but another one (upcoming) to him in the same week. In my defense, a man this hot bears repeating y usted sabe que tengo razón (and you know I'm right)!

4 comments:

kat said...

OMG your post made me smile. Transit Maps of the World??? Are you serious? It reminds me of my grandpa so much. When he lay down for his Sunday nap he would read the railroad timetable as if it was a novel. He got a kick out of it. What exactly it was that was so enticing I don't understand but it was fun to watch him check out different connections :) Anything in there about Munich's transport?

House of Jules said...

Hi Kat! The book doesn't actually come out until October 30, but since the reviews I've read all say that it features "every rapid transit system in the world", I would imagine that it would have Munich's! Though, I think it's the subway/tube/underground and probably not regular trains. That's so sweet about your grandpa!!

I can't wait to get my hands on one of the books and also wouldn't mind getting my hands on Javier, either! ha ha!

I'll let you know when it comes out if Munich is represented!

kat said...

Cool thing. I am looking forward to it. Munich has trams, rapid trains and a subway so even though the city isn't the biggest I hope it can be found in there.
I will leave Javier to you. He is yummy I have to say.

Melisa Wells said...

It's beautiful! (and the book is nice, too!)

Wait...I already used that joke a couple of days ago.

Seriously, it looks like a really cool book. I can't wait to check it out!