Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, September 10, 2007

C'mon, "Gimme More" than a high five, Brit. That performance deserved at least a HIGH TEN!


Gimme a high ten, Britney! Emphasis on the "high".


Because my expectations were so low to begin with, I wasn't disappointed. In fact, only one thing came to my mind after watching the hot mess that was the opening performance of the VMAs last night... a long-ago-released sad song by Springsteen, which really says all anyone needs to know about Britney's past and future-- and also what I imagine her present must consist of:


Well there's a girl that lives up the block
Back in school she could turn all the boy's heads
Sometimes on a Friday I'll stop by
And have a few drinks after she put her kids to bed

Her and her husband Bobby Kevin well they split up
I guess it's two years gone by now
We just sit around talking about the old times,
She says when she feels like crying
She starts laughing thinking about

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days...



I'm certain I would have resisted writing about this had I not come across the brilliant freeze frame (at the top of this post) from her performance last night. Click here to read the IDLYITW post I got the image from, or just enjoy this classic SNL video of Tracy Morgan playing Woodrow the homeless musical composer. Skip ahead about 75% of the way in and you can hear him sing a very interesting song to Britney:




Doo-doo pie, indeed.

No comments: