Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

525,600 Minutes



I lost my sweet friend Nic one year ago today. I have felt such a profound void in my life without her here, and the past couple of weeks have been rough. How can an emptiness be so weighty?

I miss my Superhero.


Seasons of Love, by the cast of RENT & the goose-bump inducing Stevie Wonder

Tonight, in addition to the usual gratitude I feel for the time she had with us here, there will be margaritas in her honor. She'd expect nothing less from her sidekick.

9 comments:

Troop 542 said...

Breathe deep & swallow those margaritas hard! Words to live by........Olive Juice!

Cristina said...

*margarita hugs*

Melisa Wells said...

(((Hugs)))

kat said...

{Hugs}

Crazy Shite I Encounter said...

Gotta work tomorrow and I am a lightweight, so postponed my ritas! You were in my thoughts today as well as many others. Love to you sweet Jules! If I had a rita right now, I would toast to the most wonderful sister-in-law and her sidekick! 1,000,000 minutes will pass in time, but the memories and love felt for Nikki will continue for every second of every minute of every hour of every day. Have a beautiful rest of the week. Let's talk soon!

AutoSysGene said...

I can't believe it's been a year already!! I'll have a margarita this weekend for you and her! ((hugs))

Amy said...

Jules, I know it's tough, but I'm guessing that wherever Nic is today, she's glowing from all your thoughts and love. You're a great friend!

Stacey said...

I love you.

Charissa said...

Thinking of you..... Would love to have a 'rita right now with you in Nicole's honor. I guess I'll do a cherry Icee instead.....and get Rhea to join me. Maybe soon I can have a cherry icee 'rita, now that sounds like a promising combination. Love you.
-me