Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Speaking of Seestors...

A few of my friends & I have been known to close our e-mails with "Love you long time," or "LYLT,". Last night after replying to an e-mail from Emily (Seestor/college roommate/friend of a lifetime)  with our standard "LYLT" sign-off, I had a random memory flashback. 


You may already know that my friends & loved ones have referred to me as "Steel Trap" because I remember nearly everything in great detail... even things people have told me about themselves that I didn't experience personally.

I often have these memory flashbacks, so it was nothing new to feel that rush of remembering time, place, circumstance. Unfortunately, it wasn't clear who I had this particular shared moment with, but I had a suspicion it was Emily. So I sent her another e-mail right away to find out:
Speaking of "LYLT", I had a random flashback to a little fun-fact someone once told me about themselves and I think it was you.

When you were in middle school, did you think "LYLAS" was the spanish word for love?

I remember hearing that from the person and then laughing our asses off.


Em's reply:
I don't remember. I do remember that I said my favorite jewelry was beef in my French oral test, though, so I wouldn't be surprised. Steel Trap!


I can't blame her. Who's favorite accessory ISN'T beef?


As for the initial random memory flashback that had me giggling for half the night? Whoever said it, I totally LYLAS* them.


*LYLAS=Love You Like A Sister

2 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

And all this time I've just been eating my beef (better then whacking my beef??) I knew I was doing something wrong....

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Waitasecond, Melissa - whacking beef is often much better than just eating it!

(Yes, I went there.)

Jules - LYLAS too!