Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Eye want candy!

Last week I wrote about Ammon's Uncle Joe in THIS post. Thanks for signing the petition!

Before I left for my Key West trip (which I'll blog about as soon as I figure out what I can even SHARE with the internet), I sent Ammon a package with something in it for a future post we're working on together. It has been in the works for awhile and before I sent it off, I knew I wanted to include something for Linds. She LOVES Ryan Reynolds like I love Pivs & Javier (and everyone else I've ever written a Humpday post about!). Don't get me wrong, Ryan Reynolds is totally on my list, too, but he's not #1 like he is on her list.

Ryan comes off as down-to-earth, funny and completely charming in interviews. Besides that, even a blind person can see He. Is. Gorgeous. He's so hot that the definition of "EYE CANDY" should just be a picture of him. No further explanation necessary. So, when I was brainstorming on what to send Linds, my first thought was to make up a fake product called "Ryan Reynolds' Eye Candy". Since all the Halloween candy is already in stores, I was on a mission to find some of these chocolate/peanut butter eyeballs I used to see in my nephews' trick or treat bags:


Get it? EYE CANDY!

After trying a bunch of stores, coming up empty-handed and then deciding they probably taste nasty to anyone older than 6, I realized I needed to come up with something else. Then I found these gummy eyeballs:


Uhhhh, no.

I was excited until I made the mistake of picking one up. It actually felt like what I imagine an eyeball feels like, so it grossed me out. I think Linds is the bomb, so why would I send her something disgusting?!

Finally, it occurred to me that Ferrero Rocher chocolate hazelnut candies kind of look like eyeballs--with a tiny sticker in the center of each foil wrapper-- while also tasting scrumptious:


The perfect embodiment of Ryan Reynolds in the form of sweet & salty candy goodness.

I had much bigger, more impressive plans for the packaging design, but because I was running short on time before my vacation, I had to settle for something quick & easy. I grabbed a photo of him from my shrine the internet, came up with a tagline, and put it together as the least impressive thing I've ever designed (sorry it wasn't more elaborate, Linds!). Here's the final product:


Ryan Reynolds is Deliciously Mouth-Watering™. So is Ryan Reynolds' Eye Candy.

I think she liked it, even though she says she has other plans for the box. HEY-OHHH!


Foil-wrapped close-up photo source: The impressive Ferrero Rocher wiki page

13 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Impressive and silly all at the same time. I love that..

Melisa Wells said...

I love how something that you claim is "quick and easy" looks just the opposite. :)

Melisa Wells said...

And I'm talking about the label, not Ryan. :)

Troop 542 said...

OMG...that RR label pic....Yum-O!!!

Michelle said...

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

lindsey said...

I totally agree with Melissa, something your creation would have taken me days to put together... and for the record, RR can be quick and easy, it's fine by me.

I'm all for the "meeting" you're going to set up... no Scarlett's allowed.

lindsey said...

and the first part of my comment was typed and then edited... it should say,

I totally agree with Melissa, your creation would have taken me days to put together.

Can you believe I used to be blonde? I could go back to it if RR prefers it.

GoteeMan said...

My kids love those gummy eyeballs... I like to take pics of them with the eye looking out of their mouths, like freakish 3-eyed monsters...

but sorry, Ryan don't do a damn thing for me... and I am sure my wife appreciates that facet of my personality...

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

One word - YUM!

Head over to my place and enter my HALLOWEEEN COSTUMES CONTEST!
(plus some more words)

Have missed ya Jules!!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Yeah, uh, I don't care if you made that in the dark with your eyes closed. Yumm-o!

And Happy Birthday to you!!!

Andie said...

I totally want some Ryan Reynolds Eye Candy as a parting gift of our relationship! ;) That is BRILLIANT, Jules!

Did Melisa tell you about my open letter to him? LOL

Stacey said...

OK, this post has been up for like 2 hours and you already have 11 comments. I am new to the whole RR is melt-in-your-mouth hot school of thought (that's right, I went there), but am completely on the bandwagon after Definitely Maybe. Nice call Linds. Hope you're recovering from the trip/Tina/your birthday! Love you.

House of Jules said...

@melissa: That should be the slogan for my graphic design work! "Impressive & Silly". Love it.

@MisSis: Dude, you know that label couldn't have been easier to make, c'mon now!

@TroopJen: HEY-OHHH!

@Michelle: Thanks!

@Linds: Let us never speak the "S" name again! If we MUST refer to her, it should be as, "She who must not be named". I think RR likes the brunette ladies! This whole marriage thing isn't gonna last.

@goteeman: I'm sure your wife is glad you don't have a thing for RR!

@mysemblance: I have a few costume ideas I could share... I'll see if I can dig out some old pix.

@Colleen: I wish I was alone in the dark with RR; but Linds would kill me. I'd have to send him right over to her house. Of course, then Ammon would kill me.

@Andie: I need to read your open letter to him!

@Stacey: Actually, I posted it on the 7th, so it was up for more than 2 hours; but still, Ryan Reynolds' Eye Candy was a big hit. I really think he should contact me so we can actually do the damn thing and make some money with that bod of his. Trying to recover from the trip/Tina/birthday... but you know, it takes longer these days! Especially with Irish Peter. heh. xoxo LYMTML