Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Crock of Love

You know I love my VH1 programming, especially if you read THIS. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a commercial for the next season of Charm School, starring the "bad girls" from both seasons of Rock of Love and I nearly melted my phone from all the text messages I furiously typed out to share the excitement with all of my friends. Even more exciting? Sharon Osbourne will host the show.

The first season of Charm School had Mo'Nique as the self-righteous host, schooling all the "bad girl" cast members from Flavor of Love in all things lady-like. I find the new season's hosting duties in the hands of Sharon Osbourne hilariously ironic casting because once on HER reality show, "The Osbournes", Sharon threw a rotting ham over the fence into their neighbors yard right after cussing them out for playing their music too loud. This should go without saying, but I love her just for that very unlady-like move alone. Charm School 2 is going to be a train wreck and I can't wait to see it!

Speaking of train wrecks and rotting ham, remember Daisy De La Hoya from Rock of Love 2? She's the one who always cried when asked the simplest of questions, while trying to create diversions from all the lies she was telling with her backwards hands (which will make complete sense to you if you ever saw her in action). She lost to Ambre Lake, possibly the most normal chick Bret Michaels has ever hooked up with, and of course has since split from.


The very moment on Rock of Love 2 when Bret Michaels broke a ho's heart.


Still not ringing a bell? Here's the best description of Daisy that I can offer: she's the one who looks like Kira Gelfing from the 80's Jim Henson movie, The Dark Crystal:


Gelfings need love, too!


VH1 is casting for Daisy's hook-up show, which has the unfortunate and boring name, "Daisy of Love". I have a feeling her elimination line will be something like, "Do you love me or do you love me not?". I think they should just go on ahead and call the show "Crock of Love", but that's just me and my big ideas. Fingers crossed the show is as horrible as their title. Vh1 hasn't let me down yet!


Daisy De La Hoya may have had her heart broken in the season finale of Rock of Love 2, when Poison frontman Bret Michaels picked Ambre Lake, but the tattooed former stripper may have the last laugh. While Bret and Ambre have called it quits, blaming their busy schedules, Daisy is getting back in the game on a new VH1 show called Daisy of Love, premiering spring 2009.

She is “determined to find her one man who will rock her world,” a press release from VH1 reads. “Daisy is on a quest for true love and this time she is giving her fans the chance to vie for her love and vote to help determine which contestant makes the cut.” Men willing to vie for Daisy’s heart can log onto Daisy of Love Casting to upload their profiles and vote for potential contestants.





Source

7 comments:

Taj said...

I swear I hear these Marcy's Playground lyrics in my head every time I hear about Daisy Of Love:

I smell sex and candy here
Who's that lounging in my chair
Who's that casting devious stares
In my direction
Mama this surely is a dream

Sometimes I substitute candy for booze and lounging for passed out. Seems more appropriate that way.

House of Jules said...

@Taj: Ahhh, one of my favorite college days songs! So wrong and so right. I really like your lyric subs. In the words of Willy Wonka/Ogden Nash: Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

Astrogirl426 said...

Oh god, I have never wanted cable as badly as I do now. I may have to bite the bullet and go hag at my sil's house every week just so I dont miss this hot mess.

I love me a good train wreck.

AutoSysGene said...

All I can say is wow. I'm guessing I'm going to have to set the tivo for this one.

Seriously, 18...isn't that considered cradle robbing?

Troop 542 said...

"backwards hands" is BACK! I can finally start watching TV again!

Unknown said...

OMG she totally DOES look like Kira! I didn't watch Rock of Love this time, but the first one was pretty funny at the end. Dang this chick is UGLY!

Spammon said...

That picture has me dying here! You know, that movie gave me nightmares as a kid. And now she's all grown up and still handing out nightmares with that face.