Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Don't threaten me with a good time!

Have you ever been to a restaurant where they'll make you a "real" cherry coke with coca-cola, cherries, and grenadine (or just cherry juice)? If you haven't, you are seriously missing out. Never fear though; you can make them yourself at home! FYI: I only do this every once in a while because they're totally addictive.

I was at the grocery store the other night and was parched. Could have been the 1000 degree weather, I don't know... it doesn't really matter. What DOES matter is that I just so happened to be walking slowly down the condiment aisle when a beautiful light from the heavens--or possibly just the fluorescents above aisle 7--drew my eyes to the most glorious thing I have ever seen next to a jar of olives:

May I introduce you to the whiskey spiked cherry?

Here is the actual description from the Sable and Rosenfeld website:

Whiskey 'Spiked' Tipsy Cherries
'Cocktail ready' long stemmed colossal cherries spiked with Malt Whiskey. Perfect for the classic Manhattan and the trend setting Vogue Martini.
-Deep, rich burgundy color
-Shapely, firm and long stemmed
-Perfect cocktail, dessert and hors d'oeuvres garnish


How, in all my years of enjoying dirty martinis with Sable and Rosenfeld's blue cheese stuffed olives, did I not realize that they had drunken cherries just lazing about on the grocery store shelves? How, I ask you?

Suddenly, I was overwhelmed with the possibilities within each jar of wasted cherries. Once I got past the excitement over cherry coke with whisky cherry garnishes, I thought, "Hello Jack & Coke. I'm about to blow your liquid mind and drop a tipsy cherry or two in here. Don't worry, Jack & Coke! It's still going to be "you", only BETTER"... and so it was.



If you know what reality show the title of this post refers to, you must be as uncomfortable as I am on Sunday nights. Yet, you still watch, don't you? I know, it's so wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...I DO know to what you refer...and I must add that I don't get to SEE it in Canada, but that I watched, mesmerized while in Chicago with two other bloggers.

And that Rodeo? Ridden HARD and put away wet, clearly....

House of Jules said...

Canada has way too much dignity to air a show like RoL. Not America, though. Ugh, I can't believe I watch that show, but I can't help it. You are so right on about RODEO. She lost her S**t last Sunday. I didn't get to see the end but I did notice that she wasn't there for the next show. I can't wait to catch the reruns and see what I missed. No doubt I'll be enjoying my drunken cherries as is dictated by last week's new Sunday night tradition. Because if I'm going to be uncomfortable, I might as well be doing it with whiskey.