Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Public Service Announcement: You should definitely ask your doctor about this

After a very long road with speed bumps galore, last night I FINALLY (for the 3rd time! It's a long story) completed the photo editing/layout for the cover AND the guts (VERY fancy industry term for "inside pages". Try to keep up!) of my sister's fabulous book last night. More on that exciting news at a later date!

Afterwards, I almost called up my good friend Dr. Stacey Hoff (we've been friends for 20 years, and she knows me well) for a prescription for the product in the below youtube video, but two important things stopped me:

1) It's my practice to never "Hassle the Hoff". Especially by calling her and saying, "I hope I'm calling at a good time and that I'm not hassling the Hoff." She LOVES that!



2) I'm over 21. I don't need a stinking prescription! I can walk right into any liquor store (or "church", as my friend Jenny calls them) and pick up a bottle whenever I want. I decided against it though, because I have some unbelievably great Extra Viejo Brugal rum ("Viejo" is spanish for old or worn out-- which is exactly what I felt like last night!) that I brought back from the Dominican Republic last year that is perfect for this kind of occasion.


If you don't have your very own Dr. Hoff or some Brugal rum on hand, I think you should talk to your doctor about this. It will surely come in handy in many situations:

The side effects and warnings are the best parts of this whole thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jules....you're awesome!
(i'm a blogging virgin...so pardon me if this isn't the type of comment that's supposed to go here....and if this comment needs to relate to david hasselhoff or the dirty jobs guy, just let me know, and i'll mention them, if it will allow me to continue on to reaching my ultimate point, which is to say that you're awesome. rock on.

House of Jules said...

You did great for a first-timer, J! Comment anytime you want. The first time is the hardest. :) xo, Jules