Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Still Invading My Dance Space After 20 Years

Ok, I have good news and bad news for you. I'll let you decide which is which. Ready?

1.) In honor of the 20th anniversary of Dirty Dancing, they're re-releasing it to theaters nationwide. It's not JUST the movie, though. They're also screening "never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast members and stakeholders that have kept the energy of Dirty Dancing alive for 20 years". ("Stakeholders"? Is that a thinly veiled Hollywood codeword for certain actors, whose careers haven't been the same since the drunken flying incident and the nose job?)

2.) It's on the big screen for 2 nights ONLY: May 1st & 2nd.

My mom (and probably yours) will be SO excited about this.

Ladies: Buy your tickets online! Click here for local theater listings.

Gentleman: Make up a REALLY convincing reason that you can't take your girl (or your mom!) to see it. Maybe that you pulled a muscle in your spaghetti arms.



Before I get hatemail from all of your mothers, I actually liked this movie. It was really the first one of it's time to have an amazingly good soundtrack. I should know—I owned the cassette tape, and I have no shame about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED that movie, it was the BEST, totally awesome. Further proof that kids are stupid, and I was an idiot. Wasn't this the same time period when I took those "trying to be sexy" photos to send to Michael J. Fox? Yep, complete idiot. When I go back and read thru my diary I want to kick my own ass. If only I had a dollar for every time I've been stupid since the day I was born all the way up thru......well today.

House of Jules said...

Dude! We actually went w/ my mom & one of her friends to see it, though we sat rows and rows behind them. Of course, mom saw it in the theater about 29 times, but that's beside the point.

The Michael J. Fox photos were great (I think that was my first official "photo shoot"!) but my favorite shots were the ones of you in the garbage bag dress. HOT. :)