Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Proposal: Timing really is everything!


The weekend we met, way back in 2005. Who is wrapped around who's finger, exactly?

I got an e-mail from my oldest (in years of friendship, not in age!) BFF last week, telling me about a conversation she had with her nearly 5-year old son, R. What you should know before reading any further is that they live several states away from me and though we talk on the phone often, we only get to see each other once/year.

The following will explain everything you ever needed to know about the effect I seem to have on men*:

I told R. your birthday is coming up and he wanted to color a picture for you. I told him you like hearts, so he asked me to draw some for him. As he was coloring them in, he said,

“I want to marry her, because I like her. I’m going to drive to her house and kiss her, and give her some flowers.”

Then he looked up from his artwork to ask,

“Wait, did anyone marry her yet?”

I said, “Not yet.”

He said,

“Good. I don’t know what time I’m going to grow up**, but when I grow up, that’s when I’m going to marry her***.”




That "AKA Your Husband" above his name makes this the best artwork by a nearly 5-year old (with help from his mother) of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!!!!


All I have to say is, Jeremy better step up his game (*cough* birthdayspankings *cough*) tonight!


*By "men", I mean "nearly 5-year old boys". Of course, I've dated several men who acted about that age...

**...who clearly didn't know what time they were going to grow up, either.

***Don't cry for me! Word has it that R. is going to propose to me with his favorite plastic spider ring. He is wise beyond his years.

10 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

CUTEST THING EVER.

You're such a Cougar! Rawr!

Troop 542 said...

Love this!!!

Giant Butters said...

Love this too!
Happy Birthday, sweets! I miss ya!

Giant Butters said...

Love this too!
Happy Birthday, sweets! I miss ya!

Spammon said...

You little two timer! Oh well, what Jeremy don't know, won't hurt him.

P.S. Now that we know your love of hearts, please tell us about your love for panda bears and polar bears.

Stacey said...

Can I just eat him up? So true that he is wise beyond his years to know at the age of 5 what a catch you are. Can't wait to dance at the wedding. P.S. Welcome to the club. RAWR!

sandra said...

So cute!
Happy Birthday, btw.
Have a great one :)

TSintheC said...

You make such a lovely couple!

The Microblogologist said...

Hehe, that is totally adorable! Happy birthday =)

House of Jules said...

@MistaSista: Rawr! haha

@Troop542: He's a little young for your taste but I'm glad you can see the beauty in him regardless. hahahaha

@GiantButters: Miss you, too, sweetness!

@Spammon: You know how against cheating I am, but this is an exception! Oooh, I can't even put into words how I feel about bears of all breeds. Let's not forget about butterflies. Swoon!

@Stacey: If you eat him up, you won't be able to dance at the wedding. It's one or the other, sista!

@Sandra: Thank you!

@Hotfessional: Yes, yes we do!

@Microblogologist: Thank you!