Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, September 25, 2009

Feel the burn

The other night, one of my BFFs was in town from another state for a Med School exam, part of which included diagnosing people acting as patients with symptoms from any number of illnesses. Sound familiar? Let me remind you of a classic scene from Seinfeld:


"I burned for her..."

We've been joking about that episode in relation to this particular exam for awhile now, which has included the unbridled joy of sending her text messages saying things like, "I hope you get gonorrhea!"

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Only a true friend can wish that on someone. One sweet wish.

Spammon said...

...I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher.

I love me some Gonorrhea!

Grace Matthews said...

I love Seinfeld. I can always count on him for a good laugh.

You could wish worse things on your friend, like goiters...LOL

Giant Butters said...

This is one of the things I like about being in nursing school. It seems every semester I have a class where each of us is assigned a particular disease to research. We go around asking each other; "What do you have?" "Oh, I have staph infection." My friend Emily has Chlamydia as a topic, so she is now known as "Chlamydia girl" much to her chagrin.

Yeah, my life is pretty pathetic these days.

House of Jules said...

@Stace: Ohhh, 1 sweet wish!

@Spammon: I know, right?! Between gonorrhea & haberdasher, that short clip represents the most unused words in my vocabulary.

@Grace: Oooh, goiters! Good one!

@GiantButters(!): Poor Emily! I hope that nickname doesn't stick after nursing school.