Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, September 7, 2009

The [Cherry] Rides off into the sunset*, but is forever in my heart (and on my speed dial)

Surely you all remember my Boo**, The [Cherry] Ride. If you somehow need reminding, perhaps my 2nd favorite picture of all time will jog your memory:



I know you want to be best friends with him, but back off. I called dibs first!


He has left Chicago behind for the further pursuance of his dreams; which take him--for now--to Washington, D.C.

It is truly a gift to find people in this world who "get" you completely. It is a rare and beautiful thing when that happens, or maybe it's beautiful because it's rare. Either way, Chicago has lost some of it's magic now that he's out East. Our loss is D.C.'s gain. Somehow I've become jealous of our nation's capital. This must be a first. 

Anyway, I wanted to find him something that would accurately express how I was feeling, but it turns out the only 4-letter word that Hallmark carries is "card". Even a Google search was fruitless:


How is it possible there are no card or gift items with the, "Holy F**k, I miss you already!" sentiment?


I don't know what I was thinking. What card company could even begin to encapsulate how much I love that he understands me in ways few people do? 

Like the time I sent him a text message that told how someone spilled a beer all over me, which I summed up by saying, "I smell like college." and just like that, he got it. He gets it!


Like I said, it's a beautiful thing. Much like my #1 favorite picture of all time, as seen in the following screen capture of his flickr page:




If you know me at all, you will know that this seems to have only been created for my happiness (it wasn't, but the universe has a way of making these kinds of things happen). From his photo title, "Me on the Ding Dong", to the fact that it was taken during one of his last hurrahs at Smiths Night... (Ugh, SMITHS NIGHT! Don't even get me started on the greatness of Danny's Smiths Night)! 

And need I even mention his pose? The pose! I giggled so hard at this whole thing that I had tears coming down my face. This one screen capture brings me almost too much joy. 

If only screen captures could hug back! Aww, cue the Sad Trombone.


Alright, Cherry, you know I love you and wish you the very best. You are so deserving of all good things. Kisses and love, sibling! Now, go get 'em, tiger... and while you're at it, find out if he has a brother for me. 


*That's a little dramatic, but this occasion calls for it. Don't argue with me, you know I'm right.
**One of the most adorable moments on TV ever: See THIS video, starting at :30. "I wanna be your boo!"

4 comments:

Kristen said...

This is one of my favorite places to order cards. http://www.junkmailgreetings.bigcartel.com/

Nothing better then sending friends a card that says "Bitch, please", "Oh, snap", "Why can't I hate the player and the game?", or "Congratulations on your mediocrity". My friends and I are pretty snarky!

House of Jules said...

Kristen: I'm gonna need about eleventy-hundo of those, "Bitch, please" cards! Perfect for weddings, no? Love it so much, thanks for the link!

Kristen said...

I like the one congratulating someone on their engagement...the inside says "Even after giving away all that milk". Touche!

The designer is a gem. I've ordered multiple times through Etsy and it's always quick and painless!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I. Love. You. BABY!!!

I was about to jump out a window, thanks to a rather big, important and stressful exam I have tomorrow morning, and then I read this and now everything is better.

I miss you, toots! Come visit me in DC. That is an order.