Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oye Como WHA?

Dear Carlos Santana,
You've been a giant in the music industry since the 70's. Your Abraxas album is a classic for the ages. In 2000, you won 8 (eight!) Grammys for your Supernatural album. You're #15 on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Guitar Players of All Time list. Your Milagro Foundation has helped countless underprivileged children around the globe for a decade. In the span of your on-going career, you've sold over 90 MILLION RECORDS and counting.

All of those accomplishments would satisfy a lot of people. Not you, though. Apparently you thought it was time to start designing, of all things, women's shoes. I'm not sure who encouraged you to go forward with this idea, but they should be fired immediately. I would like to suggest that you channel your creativity in other ways, because there is NO EXCUSE for this kind of "artistry":


NO...


...and HELL-to-the-NO!

You should design a specialty line of amps, guitars and guitar straps. Stick with what you know. Seriously.

Besos,
Jules

12 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I know what I'm getting you for your birthday, Black Magic Woman...

Kristabella said...

Not right. Not right at all.

Although, I bet they will be hot sellers at the Mexican cowboy store in Chicago.

House of Jules said...

Holy crap, I seriously had this post up for 2.3 seconds and you guys already commented. You're quick-like-lightning!

@Cherry: You've got to change your evil ways, baby.

@KJ: I am DYING over here. The Mexican cowboy store! Of course. Why didn't I think of that?

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Those are some kicky sandals.

Melisa Wells said...

The top pair look like fancy weaponry to me.

The bottom pair makes me feel dizzy, and that can't be good when I'm not even wearing those high things.

xxxx said...

Oh ... my ... FREAKING random.

Anonymous said...

Paul Newman's making salad dressing and Carlos Santana is designing shoes.

What's this world coming to!

Anonymous said...

The person who convinced him to make shoes was probably the same person who told Britney Spears to open a restaurant, Paris Hilton to make that crazy Carl's Jr. commerical, and Scarlet Johannson to sing. Bastards!

AutoSysGene said...

Good gravy, that second pair is vomit inducing!! Seriously, was he tripping on acid when he designed those.

I think this falls under the "keep your day job" category!!

lindsey said...

I agree 100%. I've seen his wild shoes while browsing nordstroms.com and they never appeal to me.

If I had to pick a pair from your post, I'd go for the first ones. The second pair makes me feel like I'd have to wear a halter top and 1970's mini-skirt.

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's funny. I thought I heard something about him making shoes, then though I had to be mistaken. Now that I know I'm not I'm back to the same "WTF" thought that I had before. I don't understand WHY.....
-Cha

House of Jules said...

@Stacey: Yeah, nothing says "kicky" like nude colored straps. More like ICKY. ;0

@Molisio: The top pair makes me think of the movie, Three Amigos, the bottom pair makes me want to puke.

@Swishy: Right?!?!?! These are not fashionable in EITHER city you're pondering moving to, by the way.

@Kris/Chasing: So true! At least Paul Newman's dressing tastes good.

@Jenn: You are on to something there. Each of those are equally offensive. I blame Jessica Simpson's dad, for no other reason than he gets blamed for everything.

@Melissa: I know, like he isn't busy enough counting his money!

@Linds: Yeah, that first pair can be covered up nicely with a pair of boot cut jeans. There's no hope for covering that bottom pair!

@Cha: It's just wrong.