Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Putting the Hump in Humpday: Yiddish Edish

Ryan Gosling is everything*. Need I say more? I think not.

But, I will anyway.

You either very much agree with me that he is everything or you don't
**. I'm not going to sit here and try to sell you on Ryan Gosling. In his latest movie, "Crazy, Stupid, Love" (or as I call it, "Crazy, Stupid, Hot Ass Love"), he uses a certain Yiddish word several times. Each time, it sounds natural, as if it's part of his everyday vocabulary. He totally pulls it off. You can trust me on this because I've seen the movie twice already (and I did it FOR MY COUNTRY***).

Related:





*Not EVERYTHING-everything. Just everything. You know what I'm saying.

**Admittedly, Ryan Gosling isn't for everyone:

***Please, please click that hotlink. You won't be sorry.


To read previous Putting the Hump in Humpday posts, click HERE. Do it for your country.


Here's the "Crazy, Stupid, Hot Ass Love" trailer in case you've been living under a rock:


****

5 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

I LOVE that movie. I will own it when it comes out on DVD.

I am a bit disturbed by the way mom phrased her answer to you, I must admit. :)

House of Jules said...

@MistaSista: Oh, good! Then I won't buy it. ;) I'm pretty sure that's the actual definition of the word. You know Yiddish dictionaries-- definitions dance around the direct meaning. Besides, I think mom wanted to be vague, which worked for a good 9 years.

TheNextMartha said...

Rock? Moved. I don't watch movies. The ADD thing but is this one old? I know nothing about it. I could use more of that guy taking his shirt off. Ahem.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Good abs on that guy. How do you say "ripped" in yiddish? You think they show them schtupping?

Momo Fali said...

I have been living under a rock. It's a sad, lonely rock that DIDN'T HAVE RYAN GOSLING UNDER IT. I am really looking forward to this movie. Really.