Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, January 23, 2009

Nobody puts Baby in the corner Stairmaster!

The fitness industry sure has changed in the past 55 years, hasn't it? Back in ye olden days, girls in the know would go off to a resort in the woods with their families and burn off all that chicken-fried steak by lugging around watermelons and grinding with the bad-boy dance instructors:


Yes Baby, you carried a watermelon (:22). But wait, because what's about to happen is going to make it worth your while (1:02).

Jump ahead in history to now and hey, welcome to the future! You can forget all that weighty produce schelpping to the "hired help" side of camp and simply pop in this DVD:


What in the cha-cha hell did Patrick Swayze do to deserve this?

I think my favorite line from the commercial is, "Show off your new dance moves with the sensational cardio dance that's got Baby on her feet..." The only thing I'd add to that is, "...and off her back!". Hey-ohhhhh! Let's face it, Johnny got something else up in that movie besides Baby's heart rate.

Since I saw the commercial at 4a.m., I couldn't believe my eyes. I checked Amazon and was surprised that this DVD has been purchased and reviewed by more than one person. My favorite write-up:

Some Amazon reviewers are SO HELPFUL!

I guess nobody puts Baby's background dancers in the corner, either.

8 comments:

lindsey said...

Some things should never be recreated, in any form - - especially when it comes to Patrick Swayze and his thrusting abilities.

Do I need a partner to make my Dirty Dancing experience as sexy? Because somehow when I picture myself at home in my sweats shaking my trash, it doesn't look like this. And, there is no way in hell I'm going to get Ammon to move in like that.

Melisa Wells said...

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that, though I wouldn't *buy* it, I would use it if someone bought it for me. :)

(That's NOT a hint by the way; I'm just sayin'. And now I'm shrinking back into the corner, with my friend Baby.)

Gene said...

That reviewer should keep in mind that Baby liked her dancers a little cocky. Badda-bing!

Jen said...

"The biggest movie of all time." Really? Did they forget that little movie called, Titanic?

Stacey said...

I don't even know what to do with this. Really? 20 years later they bastardize the movie this way? It's sad. Just sad. My personal favorite line was "Think Sexy." Kind of tough to do when I all I can think is - Richard Simmons wouldn't be caught dead doing this . . .

House of Jules said...

@Linds: I couldn't agree more! They should just leave Swayze and his hips out of it! I'm pretty sure Ryan Reynolds was looking for a partner to grind with, so there you go. Shake that trash, lady! I'm sure Ammon's too busy with his bidet for dancing. ;)

@SisMis: Yeah, but the dancers seem full of themselves, how can anyone work out with that kind of distraction! ha ha

@Gene: HEY-OHHHH! That totally cracked me up.

@Jen: You just like bringing up Titanic whenever possible b/c it makes you think of the car-on-ship scene when Kate drags her hand down the steamed up window in ecstasy. Sidenote: As always, thanks for that reminder.

@Stacey: Right?! Oooh, that Richard Simmons rip is a low blow. "I said blow".

Spammon said...

I'd have more respect for Patrick if it was a dance video to Road House. Perhaps at the end of the dancing, you turn to the person next to you and rip their throat out because they are just too damn full of themselves.

Gene said...

Except James Cameron has to ruin a good thing with the whole, "OMG Jack, you're trembling" line. Did people tremble after sex in the early 20th century? No. Come on Jack, just bone Kate Winslett like a MAN.