Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 13, 2009

Being "a little bit" obsessed is like being "a little bit" pregnant. I'm only one of those 2 things.

I've been a little bit obsessed with Ricky Gervais since seeing the original version of The Office in 2003. I can't help but love everything he does. When I heard he was doing podcasts, I couldn't get on board fast enough. I'm sure it's because he makes me laugh so much I cry, and for so long that eventually no sound comes out of my mouth like a movie scene in which I'm playing the mime-- sans beret and imaginary glass box. Whatever he does, I want to experience because laughing is one of my very favorite things to do, and I try to get as much of it worked into the hours of the day as possible.

In 2007, I watched the last episode of the 2nd season of his show Extras on DVD. Approximately one minute into this scene with David Bowie, I laughed so hard I spit out my wine. Seriously.

Double-click on either 'play' arrow if you have trouble viewing video


"Little fat man who sold his soul, little fat man who sold his dream..."

Even though Ricky Gervais wrote the lyrics to this song in the script, Davie Bowie has a history doing this sort of thing with the new people he meets. After all, he did write that song about Blue Jean. You know, the girl with a camouflaged face and no money. But never mind her. Back to the subject at hand.

When I saw this clip of Ricky on one of my other favorite BBC shows (The F Word; the "F" stands for FOOD!), with one of my other favorite British men (Gordon Ramsey), it was all I could do to not crawl into the screen and join them. Unfortunately I can't embed the clip, so to see another side of Gordon Ramsey than the cranky one you see on Kitchen Nightmares, you should click HERE to check it out. Go on, do it! They're so good together, especially starting at 1:55 into the clip when Gordon asks Ricky how he would market some oddly-named products. Two words: Sexy Rabbit. Two more words: Black Spunk. If that doesn't get you to click on the link, I don't know what will.

Now that you've experienced some of what I enjoy about RG, I give you the following outtakes from an AP interview promoting Ricky Gervais' upcoming appearance on Sesame Street. Maybe you can see why, when I watched this eleventy-hundred times in a row yesterday, I actually proclaimed it to be the best thing I've ever seen in my entire life:


"Elmo wants this tape!"

I don't know whose laugh makes me laugh harder, Gervais or Elmo. I love them so much I want to marry them. Hopefully Jeremy won't mind sharing me with a brilliant Brit, a muppet and sometimes Gordon Ramsey. Well, would you look at that! It seems that I'm not nearly as picky as my mom thinks I am. 

4 comments:

lindsey said...

"Gimmie 4". Props for the clips Jules -- you had my pregnant belly jiggling with laughter.

And I think hearing the word FATSO pronounced with an English accent makes it much more funny.

Melisa Wells said...

That is so funny! Maybe Ricky can help Elmo do a video sequel to "Elmocize". Can you imagine?

Spammon said...

Ricky is awesome! His character in Night at the Museum was classic.

RG: Oh, haha - look at me, the comedy night guard. Do you want to get into a battle of humor? Do you?

BS: Um, no. No I don't want to get into a battle of humor.

RG: That's right, because it would be a bloodbath. Nothing funny about Little Big Horn, is there?

Michelle said...

OK, I have had the sh*ttiest (ha) day, week, even month and I'm in some of the worst pain ever, oh wait, you didn't ask how I was doing...I just have to say thank you!!! I needed that laugh like you wouldn't believe. Oh my gosh, I could NOT STOP LAUGHING at the Bowie piano bar scene. Brilliant! I might become a little obsessed now too. I HAVE to steal this and I'll link back to you :)